View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #1716  
Kosty
Home Theater Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Is this a joke? Blu-ray's YoY was actually DOWN until 2 weeks ago when Twilight and Lady and the Tramp came out. How much more obvious can it be?

It's really funny to see you downplay the effect of new releases when YoY BO is strong and overplay it when YoY BO is weak.
I do not downplay or overplay it. It makes a big difference when it is down like in 1Q of last year and in mid Nov and Dec 2011 and when it was up in September 2011 and October 2011 of last year.

I have consistently stated that Twilight this year is a huge advantage as it was a disadvantage last year in the comparisons with two Twilight Saga movies and Avatar in 2010 vs 2011.

It seems to me that its you that is discounting the effect that release strength had on the statistics last year. Releases matter this year as they did in the comparisons last year as well.

But I also see a stronger base rate of sales this year as well for Blu-ray as I look deeper in the statistics. If that's true and if the release strength this year remains closer or more favorable then that will advantage the OD and Blu-ray YTY statistics as well. But as I said its much too early to see that and I agree with PSound that the end of the 1Q and into the 2Q will give a better idea of the trend.
Kosty is offline   Reply With Quote