View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #1539  
cakefoo
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
So you didn't vote in that poll? Weird... Your name must have gotten hacked!
What poll do you think Mal was referring to when he said this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malanthius View Post
Obviously you agree with Kosty that Bluray will eventually hit 8 Billion.
This one, obviously:

Go ahead and circle my name because I'm having trouble finding it

Quote:
A page ripped directly from the book of Kosty. Use "ad hominem attacks" as a way to get away from being backed into a corner. Sorry, that doesn't work here.
For one, ad hominem attacks themselves don't logically back anyone into a corner. All they do is overwhelm the person with having to reply to a bunch of baseless attacks day in and day out. I applaud Kosty for putting up with as much as he has on HDD when you were around. He's not perfect, he falls for the same stuff over and over and dishes out the attacks on occasion, but he has shown good intent at times I would not be able to stay composed.

Secondly, ad hominem attacks are themselves irrelevant to a discussion, by definition. The key to a good forum is that people discuss posts they disagree with instead of just the poster. Otherwise they have no point. If this thread does turn into nothing but ad hominem attacks like Smackdown, then, well, I'm sure the mods aren't going to like all the extra policing they'll have to start doing. If it wasn't ok at Smackdown it's going to be frowned upon on more behaved forums like this one.

Last edited by cakefoo; 02-17-2012 at 12:00 AM..
cakefoo is offline   Reply With Quote