View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #1449  
bombsnizzle
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSound View Post
Again, it is a piece of Apple hardware based on the Apple iOS that looks to fundamentally shift an existing market.

Being Apple, we won't know exactly what will be in it until release. Also being Apple, you don't know quite the extent of the impact but it is silly (IMO) to pretend it doesn't exist.

Again, I really don't care if it gets buried here. I do think that Apple entering the market is big news. If they deliver the way the did with the iPod, iPhone or iPad then it would fundamentally change the way HD media is sold and distributed.
That's a weird thing to say since the Apple TV has been sold for years and hasn't done a damn thing to "fundamentally change the way HD media is sold and distributed".

You know, this thing:

Please explain to me why merely placing this little black box inside a TV will change anything. HDTVs already come with a ton of services to watch HD movies - Vudu, Blockbuster, etc. Why is an Apple branded TV going to drastically change consumption of HD content?

The iPad has contributed no significant increase to EST or VOD revenue. Neither has the Apple TV. Oh and Apple still doesn't support UV either. So the pattern here (aka the facts) shows your speculation to be inaccurate and way off base.

Last edited by bombsnizzle; 02-09-2012 at 08:36 AM..
bombsnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote