View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #26  
hoorta
High Definition is the definition of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotis View Post
So you're one of the few people that are not uncomfortable driving without a seatbelt but watching a 3D film with glasses even though you wear glasses makes you uncomfortable.

That does make you part of the minority.
I didn't say that- I was saying it's possible. And if you don't use a seat belt you've got a lot of company- 15% (latest CDC stats) of how many million drivers is how many? Currently not possible do do 3D without the glasses. Maybe I can jump one of your analogies, and say if 15% of the population doesn't like (or consider it enough of a value to convert) is how many millions of people that aren't exactly going to jump on the 3D bandwagon? If it floats your boat and it's gotta have technology in your world, great.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one. And it's not like I'm some dinosaur when it comes to technological progress, though I could date myself and say I well remember when newfangled COLOR television was an oddity- ever seen one of the first sets? It was like looking at a porthole.

Yeah I was one of the early adopters of HDTV- remember those quaint RPCRTs? Yup, had one before there was that thar HDMI. Hooked up BluRay as soon as the price came down.

And it ain't sour grapes my current plasma isn't 3D. Maybe it's just me, but I actually prefer the 2D Blu-Ray versions of movies at home over the 3D versions on the Big Screen.

Let's just say when there's no significant difference in the price of a 3D set as opposed to a 2D set, and they're giving away unlimited pairs of glasses for (near) free, you'll have your universal adoption.
hoorta is offline   Reply With Quote