High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Viewing Mediums, HDTVs > Upcoming Display Technologies
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Upcoming Display Technologies Talk about the future of display technologies! SED - Surface-conduction Electron-emitter Display FED - Field Emission Display OLED - Organic Light-Emitting Diode PLED - Polymer Light-Emitting Diode SOLED - Stacked OLED TOLED - Transparent Organic Light Emitting Device NED - Nano-Emissive Display RSS - Upcoming Display Technologies

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tele1962
  • 1 Post By ImRizzo
  • 1 Post By tele1962
  • 1 Post By DTV TiVo Dealer

Samsung 55" F9500 OLED TV

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
tele1962's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
Default Samsung 55" F9500 OLED TV

Looks like Samsung have got the ball rolling with the release (in Korea for now) of their range of OLED TV's. I expect they will hit the stores in various parts of the Globe before the year is out:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsu...1306273144.htm
ImRizzo likes this.
tele1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a Place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 22,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Looks like Samsung have got the ball rolling with the release (in Korea for now) of their range of OLED TV's. I expect they will hit the stores in various parts of the Globe before the year is out:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsu...1306273144.htm
Nice, but it's way too expensive for me to become a test marketer. I don't get the 'Wave'. If I was even to entertain the thought of buying one, I would prefer a Flat panel so it will 'hug' the wall and not flare-out on the ends ??
I wonder if that's a resolve/solution to off axis viewing ?

BTW nice link Thx, Sir
tele1962 likes this.
__________________
.


Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II

LG OLED 55B6P ~Oppo UDP203~Sony XBR929~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR

Last edited by ImRizzo; 06-29-2013 at 03:35 PM..
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
tele1962's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
Nice, but it's way too expensive for me to become a test marketer. I don't get the 'Wave'. If I was even to entertain the thought of buying one, I would prefer a Flat panel so it will 'hug' the wall and not flare-out on the ends ??
I wonder if that's a resolve/solution to off axis viewing ?

BTW nice link Thx, Sir
Still many questions still to be answered on this one Rizz..........but even with some of the negativity I have seen, even before release, I am convinced this is the way forward.
ImRizzo likes this.
tele1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a Place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 22,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Still many questions still to be answered on this one Rizz..........but even with some of the negativity I have seen, even before release, I am convinced this is the way forward.
I have no doubt that this will be the next step in the progression of TV, but I'll still wait till they discover and remove the kinks. (if I live that log)
__________________
.


Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II

LG OLED 55B6P ~Oppo UDP203~Sony XBR929~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
ValueElectronics.com
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default

Here's my take on LG's and Samsung's curved OLED. First, is that these 55" curved OLED displays are best viewed with a max of four viewers.

I had the opportunity to sit very close to Samsung's KN55S9 curved OLED with some beautiful demo content and the immersive visual experience was exceptional and very memorial. The ultra large dynamic contrast ratio range gives this display the ability to deliver the best picture quality I have ever seen from a FHD display. Blacks are pure black and the luminance level is almost unlimited, but no detail in the high end or MLL is compromised so the image is full of detail and colors pop like nothing you have ever seen on a video display.

So I look at this new display entry for the discerning video enthusiasts and wealthy consumers. I can tell you for those who are lucky enough to get one of these curved OLED displays they will do nothing but rave about the stunning picture quality.

Enjoy!

-Robert
ImRizzo likes this.
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a Place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 22,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post
Here's my take on LG's and Samsung's curved OLED. First, is that these 55" curved OLED displays are best viewed with a max of four viewers.

I had the opportunity to sit very close to Samsung's KN55S9 curved OLED with some beautiful demo content and the immersive visual experience was exceptional and very memorial. The ultra large dynamic contrast ratio range gives this display the ability to deliver the best picture quality I have ever seen from a FHD display. Blacks are pure black and the luminance level is almost unlimited, but no detail in the high end or MLL is compromised so the image is full of detail and colors pop like nothing you have ever seen on a video display.



So I look at this new display entry for the discerning video enthusiasts and wealthy consumers. I can tell you for those who are lucky enough to get one of these curved OLED displays they will do nothing but rave about the stunning picture quality.

Enjoy!

-Robert
Sounds like they will require unique viewing rooms for full advantage of the viewing field. As you say, a more informal contemporary viewing room vs Theater type, no? A curved screen it seems, would lend itself to modern setup ?
Anxious to see one.
__________________
.


Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II

LG OLED 55B6P ~Oppo UDP203~Sony XBR929~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
ValueElectronics.com
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default

Hey Riz, may I suggest you plan a trip to visit us by the middle of next month.

-Robert
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a Place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 22,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post
Hey Riz, may I suggest you plan a trip to visit us by the middle of next month.

-Robert
Sounds good, I have my new grand daughters Christening on 8/17(Sat.) so maybe the Monday/Tues before ??( 8/12-13) and what wine is on Mz Wendy's palette I'll be gone to Ma. for a week with the baby? after Christening weekend til 8/25
__________________
.


Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II

LG OLED 55B6P ~Oppo UDP203~Sony XBR929~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a Place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 22,612
Default

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
.


Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II

LG OLED 55B6P ~Oppo UDP203~Sony XBR929~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
ValueElectronics.com
 
DTV TiVo Dealer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Posts: 816
Default

Samsung's OLED TV actual model # in Korea and the USA is KN55S9. If all goes as planned we'll receive our first allocation next week.

Here's the link to our pdf data sheet and dedicated KN55S9 website.

-Robert
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #11
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 7
Default

Sounds useful !
Spenceree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Viewing Mediums, HDTVs > Upcoming Display Technologies
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum