High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Programming Providers > AT&T U-verse
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

AT&T U-verse Discuss and learn about AT&T U-verse - IP based HDTV. RSS - AT&T U-verse

Bye-Bye U-Verse.... Much To My Dismay

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 16,003
Default Bye-Bye U-Verse.... Much To My Dismay

Yep, I no longer have U-Verse service. We moved the 28th of July and so I called to move my service a week earlier. I thought that would be enough time for AT&T to be able to make the switch. Turns out the earliest install was going to be the 9th of August. Their computer said that service was available at my new address so everything was set. So I thought.

The next day my service was disconnected at my old address even though we were going to be there for another week. No TV. No phone. No internet. Two hours later using up my cell phone minutes, the service was restored. That afternoon I got a call from a U-Verse installer saying he had an install for my old address. I explained to him that I didn't need an install at this address, I needed one at the new address. He, of course, said he could only install at the address he was ticketed for to do.

So the 9th finally rolls arround after weeks of no TV, no phone, and no internet and sure enough the service was cut off at the old address. An installer showed up and put a meter on the incomming line and said we have a problem with the line. He called a line tech and two hours later it was declaired I was not getting U-verse. I was 4200 feet from the V-RAD. So much for the ATT&T computers.

So in the car and down to Comcast to get some self install kits. Now I have TV, phone and internet. Would really liked to have U-Verse because I like the features much better, but it was not to be. This year anyway.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 21,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Yep, I no longer have U-Verse service. We moved the 28th of July and so I called to move my service a week earlier. I thought that would be enough time for AT&T to be able to make the switch. Turns out the earliest install was going to be the 9th of August. Their computer said that service was available at my new address so everything was set. So I thought.

The next day my service was disconnected at my old address even though we were going to be there for another week. No TV. No phone. No internet. Two hours later using up my cell phone minutes, the service was restored. That afternoon I got a call from a U-Verse installer saying he had an install for my old address. I explained to him that I didn't need an install at this address, I needed one at the new address. He, of course, said he could only install at the address he was ticketed for to do.

So the 9th finally rolls arround after weeks of no TV, no phone, and no internet and sure enough the service was cut off at the old address. An installer showed up and put a meter on the incomming line and said we have a problem with the line. He called a line tech and two hours later it was declaired I was not getting U-verse. I was 4200 feet from the V-RAD. So much for the ATT&T computers.

So in the car and down to Comcast to get some self install kits. Now I have TV, phone and internet. Would really liked to have U-Verse because I like the features much better, but it was not to be. This year anyway.
Nothing ever goes as planned, huh?
__________________
Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II


SonyXBR929-SonyXBR8-Denon 3311CI-Mirage V2 w/S10 Sub-Oppo93-DVP5000-SAHDDVR-Harmony1100 ~ Rizz' HD Toys*link
ImRizzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
Default

Now that you are back to cable can you tell difference in the HD quality?
rtpatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Relax
 
jmwatkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,632
Default

Sorry to hear about your problems. Our Uverse techs install INID's around here with two lines hooked up to it. Uverse service on two lines works up to 4900'. That's what AT&T will tell you but I have seen it work as far as 6300'. Not sure why your Uverse tech did not chose that route for you.
jmwatkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 16,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtpatter View Post
Now that you are back to cable can you tell difference in the HD quality?
Not back to cable. We went from Voom and Directv to U-verse, so this is my first experence with cable. Picture quality is about the same as U-verse, imo.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 16,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwatkins View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems. Our Uverse techs install INID's around here with two lines hooked up to it. Uverse service on two lines works up to 4900'. That's what AT&T will tell you but I have seen it work as far as 6300'. Not sure why your Uverse tech did not chose that route for you.
Yep, I mentioned that to him and he said they were not allowed to do that yet.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 21,093
Default

Post rem'd and poster banned
__________________
Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II


SonyXBR929-SonyXBR8-Denon 3311CI-Mirage V2 w/S10 Sub-Oppo93-DVP5000-SAHDDVR-Harmony1100 ~ Rizz' HD Toys*link
ImRizzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Default

I have Comcast and I was considering changing it to U-Verse! Now I'm so confused!

Last edited by rbinck; 07-04-2012 at 05:48 PM.
PDemp116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Default

IF I can't go the OTA route I'll have to pick the cheapest alternative to get baseball. Hopefully I can get a working setup soon.
psrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Default

I do believe uverse is so much better than comcast so it sucks that you cannot get it at your home. Cross your fingers for the future because Ive been hearing they will have some great things coming down the line.
AlyseA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
Administrator
 
rbinck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 16,003
Default

Well actually once I got rid of the Comcast DVRs and switched to cable tuners with Media Center, I'm pretty satisfied. The U-verse DVR and media center are very close to each other in operation. My only complaint is now with media center, but that's another story.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Default They got me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Yep, I no longer have U-Verse service. We moved the 28th of July and so I called to move my service a week earlier. I thought that would be enough time for AT&T to be able to make the switch. Turns out the earliest install was going to be the 9th of August. Their computer said that service was available at my new address so everything was set. So I thought.

The next day my service was disconnected at my old address even though we were going to be there for another week. No TV. No phone. No internet. Two hours later using up my cell phone minutes, the service was restored. That afternoon I got a call from a U-Verse installer saying he had an install for my old address. I explained to him that I didn't need an install at this address, I needed one at the new address. He, of course, said he could only install at the address he was ticketed for to do.

So the 9th finally rolls arround after weeks of no TV, no phone, and no internet and sure enough the service was cut off at the old address. An installer showed up and put a meter on the incomming line and said we have a problem with the line. He called a line tech and two hours later it was declaired I was not getting U-verse. I was 4200 feet from the V-RAD. So much for the ATT&T computers.

So in the car and down to Comcast to get some self install kits. Now I have TV, phone and internet. Would really liked to have U-Verse because I like the features much better, but it was not to be. This year anyway.
That exact same thing happened to me. By the time it got sorted out I decided it would be too much trouble to go with another provider. One day at&t will stop getting my business.
Ben14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
dabig25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 576
Default

INID installs are NGTG......too many problems with them. also at&t handpicks who gets to have those installs done.
__________________
Living Rm: 55"Sony SXRD KDS55A2000
Panasonic DMP-BD80 Blu-Ray
ONKYO 7.1 HT-R530 SRS
Logitech 720 Remote
Bedroom:32" Sharp LC-C3234U
w/ Oppo OPD971H
AT&T U-Verse Customer
dabig25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Angry Why I'm leaving ATT U-Verse

Was a COX customer, did not like the escalating high cost. Shifted to ATT U-verse. Have regretted the change ever since.

I have outside antenna. Local Hi Def and digital broadcasts are sharp and clear. At&T picture quality varies from fair to poor. Not pleasant on a 55 inch plasma flat screen.

Television picture freezes and equipment has to be reset about once a week. Never happened with Cox.

AT&T Remote control often forgets what mode it is in.

AT&T Directory listed the wrong events for most of the Olympic telecasts.
Internet Connectivity intermittently drops out for seconds to minutes. Not slows down but stops! Now Internet download speeds (HTTP or HTTPS) drop in the evening are only best at 4:30 AM.

AT&T Service tells me I would have to pay $60 service charge, if in their opinion the problem was with my wiring.
Installers used my wiring to install U-verse. And had to come back to fix it their installation the next day.
Installer took over four hours to install and set up 3 TVs.

Never had any of the above issues with Cox. I guess you get what you pay for. I'll be leaving AT&T when my contract is up. Probably will get a mix of satellite for TV and COX for internet.
tworthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDemp116 View Post
I have Comcast and I was considering changing it to U-Verse! Now I'm so confused!
Was that Xfinity and you were thinking of changing to Uverse.
G1100SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Programming Providers > AT&T U-verse
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:34 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum