High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource (http://www.highdefforum.com/index.php)
-   Sports Forum (http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-forum-50/)
-   -   March madness (basketball) comments (http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-forum/39448-march-madness-basketball-comments.html)

SLedford 03-11-2007 06:13 PM

March madness (basketball) comments
 
I am surprised no one started a thread on this. The selections have just been announced and as usual, there are questions and second guessing about some of the selections.

I am happy the Arkansas Razorbacks made it in, but would like to have had my other team (FSU) in as well. The Razorbacks are one of the teams that barely made it in and some of the announcers felt that Drexel or Syracuse might have been better choices.

As a loyal SEC fan, am pulling for the Florida Gators to win the whole thing. Would be interesting to see a re-match of the football championship with Florida vs Ohio State.

borromini 03-11-2007 08:44 PM

I didn't start one because my boys the 'Cuse got screwed and were not selected...still recovering from shock. :)

oblioman 03-12-2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLedford
I am surprised no one started a thread on this. The selections have just been announced and as usual, there are questions and second guessing about some of the selections.

I am happy the Arkansas Razorbacks made it in, but would like to have had my other team (FSU) in as well. The Razorbacks are one of the teams that barely made it in and some of the announcers felt that Drexel or Syracuse might have been better choices.

As a loyal SEC fan, am pulling for the Florida Gators to win the whole thing. Would be interesting to see a re-match of the football championship with Florida vs Ohio State.

Florida is hot coming out of the SEC tourney. Meself would love to see a Florida vs Tennessee championship game. Ohio is in the same bracket as Memphis and Tennessee. Ohio beat us earlier in the season with a last second shot and Tennessee has beat Memphis, proving that they can play with both of them. O what a dream.

jcarno 03-12-2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borromini
I didn't start one because my boys the 'Cuse got screwed and were not selected...still recovering from shock. :)

Yea........All the local news people around here were very confident that the Orange were going to be in it. I was a little shocked too. I say a little cause they really did play pretty sucky this season.

drock912001 03-12-2007 10:50 AM

Ohio State will be luck to get to the FF let alone see Florida again on the court.They are young and have a big man that can dominate but there inexperience,is their downfall too.They shoot 3's when they don't have too.Florida is too much for OSU.Plus Florida and OSU played earlier in the season.

unotis 03-12-2007 02:36 PM

I'm a little sorry Kansas State didn't make it but, I knew Kansas University would.

KU is always in the running, although if I was a betting man I would go with Florida again to win it all.

dels28 03-13-2007 01:50 PM

Let me get my might right, there are six big ten teams, and over the last eight years, three times the big-ten has sent 2 teams to the final four. Looking at the six, I would be shocked if OSU didn't make it to the FF. You have a big man and little man that play older than freshman, and when you look at the past champions, how many of the teams best players have been upperclassman? Florida and UNC beat OSU, but you have to take into account how many months ago that took place.

SLedford 03-16-2007 06:34 AM

14-2 in the office pool so far
 
I missed with Duke and BYU - had both of them winning, so I am 14-2 after the first day. Here are my picks for day 2:
Florida over Jackson St.
Purdue over Arizona
Notre Dame over Withrop
Oregon over Miami (OH)
Ga Tech over UNLV
Wisconsin over Tex A&M CC
Kansas over Niagra
Kentucky over Villanova
Va.Tech over Illinois
So.Ill over Holy Cross
Arkansas over Southern Cal
Texas over New Mexico
Tennessee over Long Beach
Virginia over Albany
Nevada over Creighton
Memphis over North Texas

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I have Florida vs Tennessee in the final. Most of the office has picked Florida vs Ohio State.

Some really good games so far.

DSNY FN 03-16-2007 10:29 AM

Well my comment was I was happy to see DUKE choke last night at teh start of the game I bet one of the guys at work they would lose and by 2 points he took the bet and I made 150 bucks.

jpfrasier 03-16-2007 05:32 PM

I really enjoy March Madness and am so relieved the BCS isn't in charge of it. They would give us Ohio State and Kansas and say here's your national championship game, enjoy!

I love College Football but there is no doubt that the NCAA tournament is head and shoulders better than the BCS.

DSNY FN 03-16-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpfrasier
I really enjoy March Madness and am so relieved the BCS isn't in charge of it. They would give us Ohio State and Kansas and say here's your national championship game, enjoy!

I love College Football but there is no doubt that the NCAA tournament is head and shoulders better than the BCS.

I could never figure out why they don't make a bracket for the football teams like they do for the basketball teams it would make things so much better.

borromini 03-16-2007 07:44 PM

Irish are a bust!...that cost me a few points! :rolleyes:

rbinck 03-16-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSNY FN
I could never figure out why they don't make a bracket for the football teams like they do for the basketball teams it would make things so much better.

The main reason they say is because teams can't play games within a couple of days or so. They need a week between games. That does not leave enough time for a very big bracket. 16 teams might work if all of the current bowl games were utilized, but that still leaves a week for 8 to 4 and then a week for 4 to 2 and then a championship game. In fairness to the BCS, I think there would only be a few times that a different outcome would have happened anyway.

drock912001 03-16-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dels28
Let me get my might right, there are six big ten teams, and over the last eight years, three times the big-ten has sent 2 teams to the final four. Looking at the six, I would be shocked if OSU didn't make it to the FF. You have a big man and little man that play older than freshman, and when you look at the past champions, how many of the teams best players have been upperclassman? Florida and UNC beat OSU, but you have to take into account how many months ago that took place.

Yhis how Weak 10 fans think.And yes osu and Florida have the easiest brackets.But just like football that conference can't compete and don't belong.I got 29 out of 32 first round games right.Oden is only as effective as the game dictates.If it's run-ngun he's done because you got those gaurds launching 3's like they play for Pitino.And the thumping Florida put on osu was early on but it was run-n-gun and that's why the game was a blowout.They shot the UNC game away when they had the lead.

DSNY FN 03-17-2007 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbinck
The main reason they say is because teams can't play games within a couple of days or so. They need a week between games. That does not leave enough time for a very big bracket. 16 teams might work if all of the current bowl games were utilized, but that still leaves a week for 8 to 4 and then a week for 4 to 2 and then a championship game. In fairness to the BCS, I think there would only be a few times that a different outcome would have happened anyway.

Why in the world do football players need a week between games are they sissys or something. Heck hockeyplayers play on back to back nights and just as physical and way more speed invovled. Football players should suck it up and try playing a season that has more than 16 games (NFL) LOL. I still think a bracket would work and the players would much prefer it that way I am sure.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum