High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Off Topic Discussion > No Topic Forum
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

No Topic Forum Please keep it clean and no politics. RSS - No Topic Forum

Mainstream media bias?????

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA.
Posts: 2,810
Default Mainstream media bias?????

When the tea party said or did anything close to this it was all over the news......Now when the left controlled unions do it, not so much....Man the lamestream media is so biased to the left it's ridiculous...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=71gsnLfsbbM
__________________
Onkyo TX-NR809 HT reciever
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater SHO-10 for center
Cambridge Soundworks S-300 surrounds x 4
Behringer EP 4000 for the Danley DTS-10 sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Dish network with the Hopper and 2 Joey's
tcarcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,730
Default

Didnt really see anything too crazy in that video. Seemed like a regular protest.

The problem with the tea party protests was that most of the points seemed to parrot beck and rush limbaugh. And then theres the whole town hall meeting fiasco where it was just everyone shouting at the person on the podium.

If you wanted to show annoying liberal protesters you shouldve posted this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_CjOSCyCU
Now THATS more akin to the teaparty protests.
DonnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Having watched a bit of coverage on this entire situation from not just Fox, but also CBS and CNN, I believe there is an incredible bias. The media were busy making stuff up about the tea party protestors despite having no proof whatsoever, and yet they are giving a free pass to the protestors in WI who are acting like loons. Remember all the reports of racism and Hitlerism(yes I just made up a new word) that were reported or alluded to by the media about the tea party? It is amazing how all of a sudden they seem to miss stuff like this in WI

http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/4561252...ylist_id=87485
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,291
Default

All sensationalism aside - me supports Gov. Walker in his efforts to tackle his states budget. The state workers enjoy more and better benefits than their compatriots do in the private sector. As government employees they need to understand whom is paying their salary - the private sector is. Of course the government employees spend their money in the private sector to generate tax income - but it gives them no right to collectively bargain for better compensation. They are on the public dole - if they feel they are being mistreated - go find a different job.
On the other hand, it has come to light that Gov. walker has transferred part of his budget to show favoritism to state police, firefighters and police. If he is to be fair, the above groups should also be listed for cuts. Why does he leave unions intact for one sector,,,but wishes to dissolve another sector (mainly education),,just don't make sense.
He could have avoided all of this mess by just doing his job - presenting a budget with cuts for all - with a solid explanation on why it is being done. The state is broke (as many are) and cuts should have been made across all sectors.
Me beliefs as a lib feel that collective bargaining has no place in local, state, or federal government. The public has no choice to collectively bargain for what we pay in taxes, public employees should have no choice to collectively bargain for compensation.
__________________
MEMPHIS ROCKS
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA.
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDC View Post
Didnt really see anything too crazy in that video. Seemed like a regular protest.

The problem with the tea party protests was that most of the points seemed to parrot beck and rush limbaugh. And then theres the whole town hall meeting fiasco where it was just everyone shouting at the person on the podium.

If you wanted to show annoying liberal protesters you shouldve posted this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_CjOSCyCU
Now THATS more akin to the teaparty protests.
But when even something like what you say is "not too crazy" was uttered by anyone at a tea party rally it was all over the ABC,NBC, CBS,or MsNbc new's as if it were the end of the world. Now when the shoe is on the other foot they don't cover it at all.
__________________
Onkyo TX-NR809 HT reciever
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater SHO-10 for center
Cambridge Soundworks S-300 surrounds x 4
Behringer EP 4000 for the Danley DTS-10 sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Dish network with the Hopper and 2 Joey's
tcarcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA.
Posts: 2,810
Default

[quote=amdgamer;1153590] It is amazing how all of a sudden they seem to miss stuff like this in WI

They don't miss it, They intentionally ignore it.
__________________
Onkyo TX-NR809 HT reciever
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater SHO-10 for center
Cambridge Soundworks S-300 surrounds x 4
Behringer EP 4000 for the Danley DTS-10 sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Dish network with the Hopper and 2 Joey's
tcarcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
Damn B!
 
Nexgenrulz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDC View Post
Didnt really see anything too crazy in that video. Seemed like a regular protest.

The problem with the tea party protests was that most of the points seemed to parrot beck and rush limbaugh. And then theres the whole town hall meeting fiasco where it was just everyone shouting at the person on the podium.

If you wanted to show annoying liberal protesters you shouldve posted this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_CjOSCyCU
Now THATS more akin to the teaparty protests.
Of course you didn't.
__________________
Certified Sony Fanboy!
Nexgenrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA.
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
All sensationalism aside - me supports Gov. Walker in his efforts to tackle his states budget. The state workers enjoy more and better benefits than their compatriots do in the private sector. As government employees they need to understand whom is paying their salary - the private sector is. Of course the government employees spend their money in the private sector to generate tax income - but it gives them no right to collectively bargain for better compensation. They are on the public dole - if they feel they are being mistreated - go find a different job.
On the other hand, it has come to light that Gov. walker has transferred part of his budget to show favoritism to state police, firefighters and police. If he is to be fair, the above groups should also be listed for cuts. Why does he leave unions intact for one sector,,,but wishes to dissolve another sector (mainly education),,just don't make sense.
He could have avoided all of this mess by just doing his job - presenting a budget with cuts for all - with a solid explanation on why it is being done. The state is broke (as many are) and cuts should have been made across all sectors.
Me beliefs as a lib feel that collective bargaining has no place in local, state, or federal government. The public has no choice to collectively bargain for what we pay in taxes, public employees should have no choice to collectively bargain for compensation.
Like I have said before OB, If there were more people like you and me and others here that can actually talk to eachother and try and see eachothers point without just namecalling and such, which is done on both side's, We could maybe figure some shit out....
__________________
Onkyo TX-NR809 HT reciever
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater SHO-10 for center
Cambridge Soundworks S-300 surrounds x 4
Behringer EP 4000 for the Danley DTS-10 sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Dish network with the Hopper and 2 Joey's
tcarcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
The Bringer of Balance
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,350
Default



Quote:
Originally Posted by tcarcio View Post
But when even something like what you say is "not too crazy" was uttered by anyone at a tea party rally it was all over the ABC,NBC, CBS,or MsNbc new's as if it were the end of the world. Now when the shoe is on the other foot they don't cover it at all.
__________________
Panasonic P55 ST30
Kenwood VR-616
Comcast DCT6412 III
XBox 360
GamerTag Sec0nd2N0n3
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
All sensationalism aside - me supports Gov. Walker in his efforts to tackle his states budget. The state workers enjoy more and better benefits than their compatriots do in the private sector. As government employees they need to understand whom is paying their salary - the private sector is. Of course the government employees spend their money in the private sector to generate tax income - but it gives them no right to collectively bargain for better compensation. They are on the public dole - if they feel they are being mistreated - go find a different job.
On the other hand, it has come to light that Gov. walker has transferred part of his budget to show favoritism to state police, firefighters and police. If he is to be fair, the above groups should also be listed for cuts. Why does he leave unions intact for one sector,,,but wishes to dissolve another sector (mainly education),,just don't make sense.
He could have avoided all of this mess by just doing his job - presenting a budget with cuts for all - with a solid explanation on why it is being done. The state is broke (as many are) and cuts should have been made across all sectors.
Me beliefs as a lib feel that collective bargaining has no place in local, state, or federal government. The public has no choice to collectively bargain for what we pay in taxes, public employees should have no choice to collectively bargain for compensation.
My belief tells me part of this is politicial, and part of it is because those sectors he is supposedly leaving alone are by law prohibited from doing stuff like going on strikes already. Because of this, that option doesn't exist and arbitration is usually the only way to resolve a dispute.

The political part is that people don't like it when public safety like firefighters and police are cut. As a result, that could make things politically toxic for Walker. Just my guess at this matter. Remember that politicians are by nature engaged in a beauty pagent, except that their popularity is from pleasuring the masses and not upsizing their titties via implants.
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
Relax
 
jmwatkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
My belief tells me part of this is politicial, and part of it is because those sectors he is supposedly leaving alone are by law prohibited from doing stuff like going on strikes already. Because of this, that option doesn't exist and arbitration is usually the only way to resolve a dispute.

The political part is that people don't like it when public safety like firefighters and police are cut. As a result, that could make things politically toxic for Walker. Just my guess at this matter. Remember that politicians are by nature engaged in a beauty pagent, except that their popularity is from pleasuring the masses and not upsizing their titties via implants.
Not to mention that the police and firemen will be responsible to clean up any "messes" that should arise if the union workers strike.
jmwatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwatkins View Post
Not to mention that the police and firemen will be responsible to clean up any "messes" that should arise if the union workers strike.
You got it! It is actually very clever strategy.
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #13
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
My belief tells me part of this is politicial, and part of it is because those sectors he is supposedly leaving alone are by law prohibited from doing stuff like going on strikes already. Because of this, that option doesn't exist and arbitration is usually the only way to resolve a dispute.

The political part is that people don't like it when public safety like firefighters and police are cut. As a result, that could make things politically toxic for Walker. Just my guess at this matter. Remember that politicians are by nature engaged in a beauty pagent, except that their popularity is from pleasuring the masses and not upsizing their titties via implants.
You just made me point. Police and firefighters should be the first to recognize that they are public servants first - and not subject to collective bargaining. Not subject, or able to go on strike. As for being politically toxic,,me guess is that Walker has already crossed that line by supporting some unions while trying to dissolve other unions. As for cleaning up any mess left behind,,he could always call in the National Guard but me guess is that those good folks have been overworked the past few years with multiple deployments fighting foolish and expensive wars overseas.
__________________
MEMPHIS ROCKS
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #14
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA.
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
You just made me point. Police and firefighters should be the first to recognize that they are public servants first - and not subject to collective bargaining. Not subject, or able to go on strike. As for being politically toxic,,me guess is that Walker has already crossed that line by supporting some unions while trying to dissolve other unions. As for cleaning up any mess left behind,,he could always call in the National Guard but me guess is that those good folks have been overworked the past few years with multiple deployments fighting foolish and expensive wars overseas.
What part of his trying to save his state is dissolving any union??? I don't see anything that is actually trying to dissolve anything???? Why is it OK for federal govt union employees not to have collective bargaining but because Walker wants the same for unions in his state it is union busting???? http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...ts_that_arent/
__________________
Onkyo TX-NR809 HT reciever
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater SHO-10 for center
Cambridge Soundworks S-300 surrounds x 4
Behringer EP 4000 for the Danley DTS-10 sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Dish network with the Hopper and 2 Joey's
tcarcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #15
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 135
Default

Do you even need to ask this question.

Here is a good example of the MSM collusion to shape and promote their narrative that only scratches the surface of the sorry state of journalism today.
ChocMul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Off Topic Discussion > No Topic Forum
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads to Mainstream media bias?????
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blu Ray Vs HD-DVD Debate Knight76 Blu-Ray Players 853 12-21-2011 06:29 PM
Political ideology on a scale. What say you? 1955 No Topic Forum 61 09-27-2009 07:08 PM
Studio Support Alone will NOT Win the "War" ilovehddvd HD DVD Players and Discs 17 01-31-2008 03:09 AM
Great article on the Paramount news. bruceames High Definition Media 29 10-12-2007 05:32 PM
For those wanting Fox News in HD mystic7 DirecTV Forum 61 09-10-2007 02:26 PM
Amazon to offer independent films in HD DVD format online bruceames High Definition Media 16 07-03-2007 06:52 PM
You know both the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD formats may fail. DarthRaevyn Blu-Ray Players 62 06-09-2006 11:03 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright ©2004 - 2008, High Def Forum