High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Hardware > High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivos
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivos Discuss High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivos, etc. Post reviews ask questions, etc. RSS - High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivo's

Like Tree2Likes

Onkyo TX-SR606 HDMI Switching headache

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3
Default Onkyo TX-SR606 HDMI Switching headache

I have this receiver with and Motorola HD Cable Box DVR, Directv HD DVR and a Blu Ray Player. They are all hooked into the HDMI inputs of the receiver and then being transferred via HDMI cable to an older Samsung EDTV. The problem I am having is with the TV being able to tune in the HD signal quickly and easily. When I turn on one of the devices, the TV will flash "No signal detected". I know that my TV is not HD at 1080p but it will display 720p or 1080i. I have the receiver set to transmit at 720p always instead of native resolutions. I have all 3 inputs set to HDMI inputs. To make it work, I sometimes have to turn off the tv and then back on so it can try to connect again with the receiver. Or go back into the HDMI settings of the receiver and re-do the HDMI input settings (even though they are already set to HDMI).

This is so frustrating...can anyone help here??

Thanks!
musiclover408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Member
 
BIslander's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Posts: 1,628
Default

Unfortunately, there tend to be more HDMI handshake problem reports with Onkyos than with other receivers.

Why are you sending 720p to a set that only outputs 480p? You might have more success if you set each of your devices to 480p so that there's no down conversion required by the Samsung or the Onkyo.

Also, what happens if you connect your devices directly to the TV? If the same thing happens, you know the Onkyo is not to blame. But, if the TV is able to negotiate a connection properly each time, even when the devices are set to 720p, then it's likely there's a problem with the Onkyo.

Last edited by BIslander; 01-02-2010 at 02:01 PM.
BIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3
Default

Ahh...that was the problem. I changed the Onkyo to transfer at 480p and all is well! I had it set at 720p and since the TV can decode that, I didn't think it was a problem. Thanks for the help!!
musiclover408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Member
 
BIslander's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Posts: 1,628
Default

Glad that helped.
BIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Also having this same problem for about a month now -- going from source into amp and out to TV gives me "No Signal" message on both the TV and amp, and then it finally shows up after maybe 5 minutes or so, give or take. Going from HDMI source straight into TV works just perfectly though. I Tried all 4 HDMI ports, as well as TV, swapped out different cables on both ends, and tried all the Upconversion settings (it usually is disabled), but same "No Signal" message. Not sure what's going on, any thoughts?

40" LNA550 Samsung
Xbox 360
TX-SR606
thecalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
Football in HD, mmm good!
 
deadhead68's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 2,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalvin View Post
Not sure what's going on, any thoughts?
Sounds like you're having some HDMI handshake issues between your devices.
__________________
Panasonic TC-P46X3
HR24-500
Sony STR-DG810 Receiver
Sony BDP-S360
Denon SYS-76HT Speaker System
Harmony 650
deadhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
"Shitter was Full"
 
Bigloww's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 8,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalvin View Post
Also having this same problem for about a month now -- going from source into amp and out to TV gives me "No Signal" message on both the TV and amp, and then it finally shows up after maybe 5 minutes or so, give or take. Going from HDMI source straight into TV works just perfectly though. I Tried all 4 HDMI ports, as well as TV, swapped out different cables on both ends, and tried all the Upconversion settings (it usually is disabled), but same "No Signal" message. Not sure what's going on, any thoughts?

40" LNA550 Samsung
Xbox 360
TX-SR606
1 thing I would try is to go into the video setting of the 606 and change it from 1080i (or whatever) to video passthough.

If that does not help...... Is it only your cable box that you are having handshak issues with or is it everything? If only the cable box I would connect it to your 606 via component video and optical and you will not have the issue anymore. At least with the cable box..
__________________
Commit to the Indian..

"I don't get drunk, I get awesome"..
Bigloww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalvin View Post
Not sure what's going on, any thoughts?
My 606 is currently at the local repair shop due to what I thought was HDMI handshake problems. The AVR worked fine for over a year, then slowly started showing problems when switching between HDMI inputs on the AVR. It seemed like the AVR itself had to "warm up" before I could switch from whatever the last input was to another one. Eventually, it wouldn't switch inputs at all. So when that happened, I called Onkyo and they said take it for repair.

Unfortunately, there was apparently a bad batch of 606's that were released. The problem is with the HDMI daughterboard in the AVR. Mine was not the only one at the repair shop either. There were two others with the same problem on the counter when I dropped mine off.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
Official HDF BD Reviewer
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mississippi, U.S.A. Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
Posts: 9,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
My 606 is currently at the local repair shop due to what I thought was HDMI handshake problems. The AVR worked fine for over a year, then slowly started showing problems when switching between HDMI inputs on the AVR. It seemed like the AVR itself had to "warm up" before I could switch from whatever the last input was to another one. Eventually, it wouldn't switch inputs at all. So when that happened, I called Onkyo and they said take it for repair.

Unfortunately, there was apparently a bad batch of 606's that were released. The problem is with the HDMI daughterboard in the AVR. Mine was not the only one at the repair shop either. There were two others with the same problem on the counter when I dropped mine off.
I've been using mine for 13 months with no issues. I hope it's safe to assume that mine is not part of that bad batch.
__________________
HD Goofnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I've been using mine for 13 months with no issues. I hope it's safe to assume that mine is not part of that bad batch.
I wouldn't know... I got mine in July of 2008. Which wasn't too far out from the release date. I don't know how many units were affected, or how long the production cycle of the bad units was.

Loves2Watch confirmed that there was a bad batch, but didn't specify if it was known as to how many units were affected. What I do know based on posts over at AVS was that they initially did not know that the part itself was what the problem was. Many people initially had the HDMI Daughterboard replaced, only to have the same problem creep back up on them within the next few months. Again, unlike most things electronic, it's not a sudden thing. It just happens over time. It takes longer and longer for the handshake to complete. I say mine eventually just wouldn't. It's possible if I just let it sit there for 15 minutes, it might finally go through. I'm not that patient.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #11
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Yeah, I can definitely confirm those symptoms on mine as well...unfortunately i'm a month out of warranty...how much did they say it would cost to repair, Awol?
thecalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #12
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalvin View Post
Yeah, I can definitely confirm those symptoms on mine as well...unfortunately i'm a month out of warranty...how much did they say it would cost to repair, Awol?
Mine was still under warranty, so for me nothing thank goodness.

Usually a repair shop will charge you a set fee just to look at it. The guys I went to charge about $100 I think. Typically, they'll give you an estimate as to how much it would cost to repair, and then the $100 you've already paid goes toward the total. So if the total was $300, then you'd be out another $200.

Here's what I would do first though. Call Onkyo. Explain to them that you understand this is a consistent problem with these units and that you are a month out of warranty. They might be willing to work with you since it's a known issue.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #13
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Angry

I am having the same problem with my 606. I talked to my local repair center and was told he has 5 recivers in for the same issue. They told me that the HDMI switching board needs to be replaced and can't be repaired. Heres the Bi*%# the part is on backorder and Onkyo is telling the repair shop they will not be available until April. The shop has to keep the unit until the part comes in as to be assured they have the unit to fix. They also told me that the new board is a $400.00 part. Thank goodness mine is still under warranty. To be without my reciever for 3 months is ridiculous
dnrenfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #14
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrenfro View Post
I am having the same problem with my 606. I talked to my local repair center and was told he has 5 recivers in for the same issue. They told me that the HDMI switching board needs to be replaced and can't be repaired. Heres the Bi*%# the part is on backorder and Onkyo is telling the repair shop they will not be available until April. The shop has to keep the unit until the part comes in as to be assured they have the unit to fix. They also told me that the new board is a $400.00 part. Thank goodness mine is still under warranty. To be without my reciever for 3 months is ridiculous
I really, really, really hope your repair shop was wrong. Going without surround sound has just plain sucked for the last month. I can't imagine an additional two months. Well, yes, I can, and they will suck too if this is the case.
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #15
What is HD?
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Your problem is not handshake. It's the HDMI ports on the Onkyo. I purchased an Onkyo TX-SR707 in Nov 2009. My Sat box was cutting out every few seconds. I communicated with Onkyo support who told me to reset the unit every time i contacted them. This btw didn't work.
I then tried every HDMI port on the unit and actually found one that works flawlessly - the DVD/BD (HDMI 1). I had to then go through the same process with our PS3 and it finally worked on the CBL/SAT (HDMI 3) input. Also, i bumped the Sat box down to 480p and it worked fine on all ports. HMMMM. Onkyo now tells me i have to bring it in for repair. They won't replace it and since they didn't even attempt to "troubleshoot" the problem, i missed the 30 day exchange window.
i have not yet had the unit repaired but have read several posts about HDMI daughter board failures.
stumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Hardware > High Definition Receivers, Recorders, Players, Tivos
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum