High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Local HDTV Info & Reception > High Definition Programming and Shows
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Programming and Shows Talk about HD and programming available on OTA, Cable and Satellite. TV shows both SD and HD should be discussed here. RSS - High Definition Programming

Sons Of Anarchy, Season 2 Is Off Da Chain!

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #31
HD Is Off Da Hook!
 
GymBrat98's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post
It should be interesting how they weave the 'rape revealed' into the plot. No doubt there will be total chaos and more fights over how to handle it.
And we thought Clay was already about over the edge. We ain't seen nothing yet.
I would not want to be in the room when that fuse is lit!

Yeah, I liked Doakes..he made a good nemesis for Dex. There was a point where they had me thinking he could actually team up with Doakes. I mean Doakes was riding that fine line too..just never quite made it over.

Dexter's compulsion is very much like Trinity's even though his targets are different, and that is unnerving him as much as interesting him. These are great series!
You got that right Daleb, it excites me to wonder how it will play out. You can't count on those previews, they're so misleading, yes?

Yes, Doakes was a formidable nemesis! Plus he was fyne too. Yes I agree about the compulsion, and you're right about everthing you said, imo. I love the series, I totally blow off friends, and family on Sun, and Tues, lol. I have a DVR, but still!

I started watching Dexter because I really like Michael, when he played on, "Six Feet Under". The show was a tad bit pretentious, but Michaels performance was always riviting to me, especially the epi where he had to smoke crack.

Have you ever seen Breaking Bad? It's right up there with these programs, seriously.

Guess what I got today?







:y ippee:

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuLAZpHbMo

http://youtu.be/KULGidWvz0w


http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-f...s-you-f91.html


"Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning"
GymBrat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #32
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
daleb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 7,657
Default

You know, I am catching up on 'Breaking Bad' right now...the last couple of weeks.
I watched the first series, then somehow lost track of it when it returned.
Great show too!
I can see why Branston (Mr. Intense) got an emmy!
Sounds like we share a like of the quirky shows. Some of these are not even on HD on Dish (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc.)
__________________
Samsung PN50A650 plasma, Arcam AVR350, Dali Ikon6 (Vokal2&OnWalls), Outlaw Audio LFM-1EX sub, Anti-Mode 8033B, Oppo Digital BDP-83SE, Roku Digital, Furman Elite power conditioner
daleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 AM   #33
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Default

Newest chapter was pretty intense...

I think Gemma is finding a way to cope with the rape now. Finding a HOME as it were. Since hers is all messed up with the club.

Zobelle is really getting into the minds of SOA now making Jax think Clay burned down the porn studio. Now I saw them beat someone to the ground in there was it Darby? I couldn't get a good look at the face. I wonder if Chucky burned in there too.

Jax is in a whole nother world handing the gun to Clay and then wanting to become a Nomad...

Opi went off the deep end when they went after that judge. And again Jax trys to play it cool calm and collected and trying to not have violence happen. And Opi looks like he is getting serious with Lyla.

I did like in the view of next weeks chapter that Piney makes a reapperance. You see Tig and it looks like he is out in the rain beating himself up crying and is possibly at Donna's grave.
EditWhiz1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #34
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
daleb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 7,657
Default

Yup, looks like everyone going through their own personal torture.
It sure looked like they left Darby there to burn. That could backfire if the cops find enough evidence to nail Zobell's gang for murder.
I think something very special in the story is being held back to handle Zobell who so far is able to squeeze out of the tightest situations.
__________________
Samsung PN50A650 plasma, Arcam AVR350, Dali Ikon6 (Vokal2&OnWalls), Outlaw Audio LFM-1EX sub, Anti-Mode 8033B, Oppo Digital BDP-83SE, Roku Digital, Furman Elite power conditioner
daleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #35
HD Is Off Da Hook!
 
GymBrat98's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post
You know, I am catching up on 'Breaking Bad' right now...the last couple of weeks.
I watched the first series, then somehow lost track of it when it returned.
Great show too!
I can see why Branston (Mr. Intense) got an emmy!
Sounds like we share a like of the quirky shows. Some of these are not even on HD on Dish (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc.)
I learned about BB from someone who watched another show I watch, and suggested it. I've been hooked ever since. Fios finally got AMCHD, so now I can see it in all it's glorious pixels, lol. When it was SD, I just zoomed it. They didn't look fat or short. Yes, Mr Intense acts his ass off in BB, so does Jesse. I had no idea crystal meth was so intense, or dangerous.
I don't watch MM, I think it has to do with the subserviant behavior of the women back in the old days. I can't get that around my dome, I could never be like that.

Here's more SOA pics!













__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuLAZpHbMo

http://youtu.be/KULGidWvz0w


http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-f...s-you-f91.html


"Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning"
GymBrat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #36
HD Is Off Da Hook!
 
GymBrat98's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EditWhiz1983 View Post
Newest chapter was pretty intense...

I think Gemma is finding a way to cope with the rape now. Finding a HOME as it were. Since hers is all messed up with the club.

Zobelle is really getting into the minds of SOA now making Jax think Clay burned down the porn studio. Now I saw them beat someone to the ground in there was it Darby? I couldn't get a good look at the face. I wonder if Chucky burned in there too.

Jax is in a whole nother world handing the gun to Clay and then wanting to become a Nomad...

Opi went off the deep end when they went after that judge. And again Jax trys to play it cool calm and collected and trying to not have violence happen. And Opi looks like he is getting serious with Lyla.

I did like in the view of next weeks chapter that Piney makes a reapperance. You see Tig and it looks like he is out in the rain beating himself up crying and is possibly at Donna's grave.
I fell asleep when it was on, but I dvr the series. I wondered about that too, and how come the cops didn't mention any bodies, if there were any?

Opies dome was all f'ed up. I think he felt like the judge didn't love his son, as much as he loves his son. I also think all that sexual energy that he hasn't released made him go off too.

You're right about that Edit, Lyla is no longer a booty-call maybe, she is g/f material!

Yeah, I was wondering where the hell Piney was. I almost took a pic of what Tig is holding, while he was so emtional. I couln'd make out what the hell it was, do you have any idea?

Zobelle is one smart phucker, he totally has f'ed up all the SOA domes, yes?

You're right about Gemma, I think the nanny has helped he find her spirituality. I'm perplexed about the chief though, he treats the 9'erz so bad, so I thought he was a racists. He prays with black people though, and he's friends with a white gang that has criminal enterprises, but he's nice to them. How is that any different from the 9'nerz? Kudos to Sutter for making the characters so complex.

When Darby said to them what are you white boyz doing here, I lol!
Darby should have known he was going to be sacrificed, yes?

BTW Edit forgive my ignorance about asking was SOA in HD, I meant what aspect ratio, duh me!

I can't wait till next week, I think I'll make a special dinner, finger foods in 2 fingers memory, lol.

Yes, that was Darby they beat. Jax is pissed off about the porn thing, he wants to do right by the club, and Clay gets all up in his bizness.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuLAZpHbMo

http://youtu.be/KULGidWvz0w


http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-f...s-you-f91.html


"Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning"

Last edited by GymBrat98; 11-05-2009 at 03:48 PM.
GymBrat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #37
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
daleb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 7,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymBrat98 View Post
I don't watch MM, I think it has to do with the subserviant behavior of the women back in the old days. I can't get that around my dome, I could never be like that.
That's the stark reality that is so well portrayed in the series, along with all the other inequities that flourished in that time, that people took for granted.
It is one of the reasons it has received such praise, is how well it shows where we have been as a society.
Not to say some positive values have also been lost along the way, and unfortunately, there are some people still clinging to the negative ones today.
It's hard to believe it represents a time I reached my own adulthood, and watching the show does make me wince at times. But at other times it is nostalgic.
__________________
Samsung PN50A650 plasma, Arcam AVR350, Dali Ikon6 (Vokal2&OnWalls), Outlaw Audio LFM-1EX sub, Anti-Mode 8033B, Oppo Digital BDP-83SE, Roku Digital, Furman Elite power conditioner

Last edited by daleb; 11-04-2009 at 08:58 PM.
daleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #38
HD Is Off Da Hook!
 
GymBrat98's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post
That's the stark reality that is so well portrayed in the series, along with all the other inequities that flourished in that time, that people took for granted.
It is one of the reasons it has received such praise, is how well it shows where we have been as a society.
Not to say some positive values have also been lost along the way, and unfortunately, there are some people still clinging to the negative ones today.
It's hard to believe it represents a time I reached my own adulthood, and watching the show does make me wince at times. But at other times it is nostalgic.
I might at some point check it out.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuLAZpHbMo

http://youtu.be/KULGidWvz0w


http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-f...s-you-f91.html


"Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning"
GymBrat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #39
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Default

Wow what a chapter that was in this show!

Finally you see Piney! He's back and angry as ever. The Irishman gets out of the hospital finally and is back in the saddle! He is really pissed about a lot of things right now. Juice is still in the hospital but he is alive, glad we got to see him.

Tara's issue with the hospital is getting crazy. I can see her loosing her job at least at that hospital. Possibly becoming a full time mommy for Jax's baby.

The repo business is making them some money in more ways then one now. They got a nice ammo supplier and no puns intended it's probably cheap to purchase from them. The scene where Clay makes them eat the shrooms is so funny. And when they come back to show how the shrooms are just that good is priceless.

Tig is holding one of those indian dolls that was hanging above him in the show and he is crying and saying he is sorry. This is a prelude I think to what we see in the scenes from the upcoming show, where he is getting beat and I have a feeling it is by Opi.

Opi got some finally from Lyla. Does she have a great body or what!

You could tell the club was torn with Jax wanting to go Nomad and all, but if it had to happen it had to. But...

Gemma wouldn't let this happen you know she wouldn't. Glad she finally got what she was keeping off her chest. I think now we will see some serious sh*t go down between SOA and Zobelle.

This was a great chapter in the show and I am glad I stayed up for the full 90 minutes. Oh yes and Leroy is back, still doesn't answer why the Myan's took over his bar...
EditWhiz1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:17 AM   #40
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Default

I will say that what was suppose to break the MC up looks like it will bring the MC back together and unite them as a whole to once and for all banish this Zobelle and his merry men of mischief.
EditWhiz1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #41
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
daleb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 7,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EditWhiz1983 View Post
I will say that what was suppose to break the MC up looks like it will bring the MC back together and unite them as a whole to once and for all banish this Zobelle and his merry men of mischief.
Payback is a bitch!
__________________
Samsung PN50A650 plasma, Arcam AVR350, Dali Ikon6 (Vokal2&OnWalls), Outlaw Audio LFM-1EX sub, Anti-Mode 8033B, Oppo Digital BDP-83SE, Roku Digital, Furman Elite power conditioner
daleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
HD Is Off Da Hook!
 
GymBrat98's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EditWhiz1983 View Post
Wow what a chapter that was in this show!

Finally you see Piney! He's back and angry as ever. The Irishman gets out of the hospital finally and is back in the saddle! He is really pissed about a lot of things right now. Juice is still in the hospital but he is alive, glad we got to see him.

Tara's issue with the hospital is getting crazy. I can see her loosing her job at least at that hospital. Possibly becoming a full time mommy for Jax's baby.

The repo business is making them some money in more ways then one now. They got a nice ammo supplier and no puns intended it's probably cheap to purchase from them. The scene where Clay makes them eat the shrooms is so funny. And when they come back to show how the shrooms are just that good is priceless.

Tig is holding one of those indian dolls that was hanging above him in the show and he is crying and saying he is sorry. This is a prelude I think to what we see in the scenes from the upcoming show, where he is getting beat and I have a feeling it is by Opi.

Opi got some finally from Lyla. Does she have a great body or what!

You could tell the club was torn with Jax wanting to go Nomad and all, but if it had to happen it had to. But...

Gemma wouldn't let this happen you know she wouldn't. Glad she finally got what she was keeping off her chest. I think now we will see some serious sh*t go down between SOA and Zobelle.

This was a great chapter in the show and I am glad I stayed up for the full 90 minutes. Oh yes and Leroy is back, still doesn't answer why the Myan's took over his bar...

OMG Edit, I knew the epi would be off da chain! It was incredible, yes?

Piney was funny when he answered the door with the shotgun.

I still haven't watched the Season1 BR yet, I will though. I wonder how long Tara's previleges will be suspended? The hug/kiss in the hallway of the hospital didn't help her at all.

I have watched repo shows, and they always let you get your stuff out. I'm glad they have a new source. Full Sack, and Tig were too dam funny, lol! all f'ed up on shrooms. I think Tig was saying sorry to Donna, while cuddling that Indian doll. You're right it was freaking priceless. It was good to see Leroy, I hope they're able to supply him with the gunz he needs. I'm not sure that will happen since agent Stahl is in the mix. I think Jimmy O mentioning he wanted to do Chibs daughter sent him over the edge, yes?



I was so happy that Opie finally hit that, but there was no boo-tay shot for us ladiez, dammit! Hey I took a pic of Lylas boot-tay for you guyz, Better look before PB takes it off, lol.

I didn't think Chibs would vote for Jax going nomad, but he did. I was hoping he wouldn't. When Gemma told them to meet her at the crib, I knew she was going to tell them about the incident. I got a little emotional when she was telling them. I felt relieved when she did. That's some great writting, yes?

The only thing I can think of is Leroy had no guns to stop the advance of The Mayans. Also, no mention of any bodies in the fire.

Hey Edit, doesn't Avatar look like it would be off da hook, I'm totally going to see that movie.

It was so good to see Clay, and Jax makeup.








__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuLAZpHbMo

http://youtu.be/KULGidWvz0w


http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-f...s-you-f91.html


"Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning"
GymBrat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #43
HD Is Off Da Hook!
 
GymBrat98's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post
Payback is a bitch!
And her name is Gemma!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuLAZpHbMo

http://youtu.be/KULGidWvz0w


http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-f...s-you-f91.html


"Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning"
GymBrat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #44
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Default

Avatar looks ok. I don't think it is my type of movie. but the trailers are interesting.
EditWhiz1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #45
HD Is Off Da Hook!
 
GymBrat98's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,953
Default

Edit, I finally watched the BR over the weekend. I saw alot more of S1 than I thought I did.

You're right, the BR is worth the paper. The audio portion is amazing, and the PQ is off the chain. Thank you for posting your review. I thought the gag reel sucked ass though!












__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuLAZpHbMo

http://youtu.be/KULGidWvz0w


http://www.highdefforum.com/sports-f...s-you-f91.html


"Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning"
GymBrat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Local HDTV Info & Reception > High Definition Programming and Shows
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads to Sons Of Anarchy, Season 2 Is Off Da Chain!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sons of Anarchy (Season One) EditWhiz1983 Blu-Ray Movie Reviews and Software discussion 9 11-16-2009 05:11 PM
Sons of Anarchy (FX) UltimoRobo No Topic Forum 0 07-30-2008 03:00 PM
CC ad April 20-26th pjc High Definition Media 5 04-15-2008 11:44 AM
LOST Season 3 Review up at highdefdigest 5/5 sufs High Definition Media 6 01-02-2008 04:20 PM
My DVD Collection, What's yours like? LazerGuided No Topic Forum 11 12-10-2007 03:07 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum