High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > High Definition Media
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Media A place to discuss BD, HD DVD and D-VHS and things that affect adoption of HD Media RSS - High Definition Media

Like Tree5Likes

High Def Bar & Grill

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #34216
Light my damn FIRE!
 
gosmosis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Age: 51
Posts: 5,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprkeng View Post
Rizz!! I thought you were on my side?
Heck so it's ok for the Doc or the pilot to be drunk? What's the difference? I can function better when I'm stoned on pot that when I'm drunk on alcohol...come on buddy....I know you and I toke to get really high but I also toke to feel good.....and mellow yellow...know what I mean?

So I'm back I'm an hour early before I board, I haven't read all th eposts I missed so what's shakin' BAR?
IMO, for sure it should be legal - but maybe carry the same law as alcohol. I could go for that I guess. LEGAL - but with restrictions. Imagine - pot bars sprkeng. Pot bars at the airport.... how cool is that?? No, we don't want our pilots stoned carrying 275 people across the country...but they sure should be able to toke it up LEGALLY after they clock out...huh?
__________________
Samsung LN46B550 LCD
Klipsch RP3 front, RC3 center,
Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI 15"sub
KEF HTS1001 surrounds
Denon AVR 988 receiver
Oppo BDP-83 blu-ray
Harmony ONE
bedroom...
Samsung LN-4069F LCD
Sony BDP-S350 blu-ray
Pioneer DV-563A DVD-SACD/DVD AUDIO

gosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #34217
HD Rocks
 
sprkeng's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southwest Washington
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosmosis View Post
IMO, for sure it should be legal - but maybe carry the same law as alcohol. I could go for that I guess. LEGAL - but with restrictions. Imagine - pot bars sprkeng. Pot bars at the airport.... how cool is that?? No, we don't want our pilots stoned carrying 275 people across the country...but they sure should be able to toke it up LEGALLY after they clock out...huh?
Yeah but pilots have been discovered drunk so what's the difference. I should send you a copy of a DVD "The History of Marijuana" the pot thing has been blow so out of porportion that it's not funny, we even convinced other countries that it is an evil drug. And it's not a drug it's a weed. Crap it's so earthly and natural. Our government can easily regulate it, tax it and and our budget deficit would disappear. And the mexican war lords would disappear...how no brainer is that.
__________________
Sony XBR-46 LCD
PanasonicBD35
D*TV HDDVR-HR21.100
Toshiba A-2
Toshiba A-3
Samsung DVD Recorder
Yamaha AVR
KEF 5.1 speakers
Samsung LCD 32-720P
D*TV HD DVR R22.100
Samsung BN22 LCD
D*TV HD H23.600
George Foreman Grill




sprkeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #34218
HD Rocks
 
sprkeng's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southwest Washington
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprkeng View Post
Yeah but pilots have been discovered drunk so what's the difference. I should send you a copy of a DVD "The History of Marijuana" the pot thing has been blow so out of porportion that it's not funny, we even convinced other countries that it is an evil drug. And it's not a drug it's a weed. Crap it's so earthly and natural. Our government can easily regulate it, tax it and and our budget deficit would disappear. And the mexican war lords would disappear...how no brainer is that.
AND!!! do you know how many white collar workers are in FED prison because they got busted for less than an ounce of pot, too many!!!!and the rest of the blue collar people that have been busted for pot it's a tax payers nightmare if only the news got around as to how much we are spending in fed jails that have people like you and me busted for less than an ounce of pot.

Pot has been scientifically proven that it's not a narcotic and it's in the same line as alcohol, but a person that was in our government burned those studies. CRAP Gos you got me started.
__________________
Sony XBR-46 LCD
PanasonicBD35
D*TV HDDVR-HR21.100
Toshiba A-2
Toshiba A-3
Samsung DVD Recorder
Yamaha AVR
KEF 5.1 speakers
Samsung LCD 32-720P
D*TV HD DVR R22.100
Samsung BN22 LCD
D*TV HD H23.600
George Foreman Grill




sprkeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #34219
HD Rocks
 
sprkeng's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southwest Washington
Posts: 2,283
Default

OK where did everyone go?

Hey may plane is here so I need to log off and get to the gate.

EVERYONE AT THE BAR HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

I"LL CATCH UP WITH YOU ALL LATER.
__________________
Sony XBR-46 LCD
PanasonicBD35
D*TV HDDVR-HR21.100
Toshiba A-2
Toshiba A-3
Samsung DVD Recorder
Yamaha AVR
KEF 5.1 speakers
Samsung LCD 32-720P
D*TV HD DVR R22.100
Samsung BN22 LCD
D*TV HD H23.600
George Foreman Grill




sprkeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #34220
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 20,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprkeng View Post
Rizz!! I thought you were on my side?
Heck so it's ok for the Doc or the pilot to be drunk? What's the difference? I can function better when I'm stoned on pot that when I'm drunk on alcohol...come on buddy....I know you and I toke to get really high but I also toke to feel good.....and mellow yellow...know what I mean?

So I'm back I'm an hour early before I board, I haven't read all th eposts I missed so what's shakin' BAR?
Oh I agree, I can function really well when I'm boxed but there are some things I just know I shouldn't attempt to do ya know what I mean, but how would you feel when the pilot of your flight goes past you in the boarding tunnel and you can smell the Thai wafting off his uniform ....I know I would be back at the ticket booth trying to exchange my flight or as you doctor is confirming that this vasectomy won't hurt at all and you can smell the colombian gold reeking on his operating gown, I'd take the scapel and do it myself.
__________________
Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II


SonyXBR929-SonyXBR8-Denon 3311CI-Mirage V2 w/S10 Sub-Oppo93-DVP5000-SAHDDVR-Harmony1100 ~ Rizz' HD Toys*link
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #34221
HDF SUPER-MODERATOR
 
ImRizzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn & Eastern Long Island, NY ....It's not a place, it's an Attitude and a NY State of Mind !!
Posts: 20,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprkeng View Post
AND!!! do you know how many white collar workers are in FED prison because they got busted for less than an ounce of pot, too many!!!!and the rest of the blue collar people that have been busted for pot it's a tax payers nightmare if only the news got around as to how much we are spending in fed jails that have people like you and me busted for less than an ounce of pot.

Pot has been scientifically proven that it's not a narcotic and it's in the same line as alcohol, but a person that was in our government burned those studies. CRAP Gos you got me started.
That why de-criminalization would be good, there would not be any arrest or legal harassment and we wouldn't be paying for incarceration and no criminal records involved.
__________________
Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk phone~using ITouchmyself II


SonyXBR929-SonyXBR8-Denon 3311CI-Mirage V2 w/S10 Sub-Oppo93-DVP5000-SAHDDVR-Harmony1100 ~ Rizz' HD Toys*link
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #34222
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 45
Posts: 14,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigill View Post
Yeah i'm not good at waiting! I will probably be asking you a few questions about the setup!
No problem, I'll be more than happy to help. I will pass along all the knowledge that the master (Loves2Watch) has bestilled upon me.
__________________
Mitsubishi WD-Y57 TV Ex got in divorce
Directtv H-20 Receiver she got this too

Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player
Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player
Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 AVR 130W X 7
Kenwood Surround Speakers
Klipsch Senergy 12in Powered Subwoofer
Sony DVP-NS575P Progressive Scan DVD Player She got this too
Bitch got everything but my soul
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #34223
High Def fan
 
sigill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United kingdom-Manchester
Age: 35
Posts: 2,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
Oh I agree, I can function really well when I'm boxed but there are some things I just know I shouldn't attempt to do ya know what I mean, but how would you feel when the pilot of your flight goes past you in the boarding tunnel and you can smell the Thai wafting off his uniform ....I know I would be back at the ticket booth trying to exchange my flight or as you doctor is confirming that this vasectomy won't hurt at all and you can smell the colombian gold reeking on his operating gown, I'd take the scapel and do it myself.
You crack me up rizz! I do agree with you though, i haven't got anything against it and it maybe should be legalized but there is a time and place for everything.
__________________
Phillips 37" LCD 720p/1080i
Sony BDP-S350
Toshiba BDX2100
Toshiba XDE-500 DVD player
Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 AVR
KEF1005.2 speakers

Latest HD movies bought - The Game - The Skeleton Key - Memento
210 Blu-rays
sigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #34224
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 45
Posts: 14,472
Default

Hi Bar How the hell is everyone doing tonight???
__________________
Mitsubishi WD-Y57 TV Ex got in divorce
Directtv H-20 Receiver she got this too

Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player
Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player
Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 AVR 130W X 7
Kenwood Surround Speakers
Klipsch Senergy 12in Powered Subwoofer
Sony DVP-NS575P Progressive Scan DVD Player She got this too
Bitch got everything but my soul
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #34225
High Def fan
 
sigill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United kingdom-Manchester
Age: 35
Posts: 2,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvjunkie View Post
No problem, I'll be more than happy to help. I will pass along all the knowledge that the master (Loves2Watch) has bestilled upon me.
Thanks junkie. You just finished work? Yeah Loves2watch seems to be the go to man, he knows everything!
__________________
Phillips 37" LCD 720p/1080i
Sony BDP-S350
Toshiba BDX2100
Toshiba XDE-500 DVD player
Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 AVR
KEF1005.2 speakers

Latest HD movies bought - The Game - The Skeleton Key - Memento
210 Blu-rays
sigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #34226
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 45
Posts: 14,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
Oh I agree, I can function really well when I'm boxed but there are some things I just know I shouldn't attempt to do ya know what I mean, but how would you feel when the pilot of your flight goes past you in the boarding tunnel and you can smell the Thai wafting off his uniform ....I know I would be back at the ticket booth trying to exchange my flight or as you doctor is confirming that this vasectomy won't hurt at all and you can smell the colombian gold reeking on his operating gown, I'd take the scapel and do it myself.
OMG Now I know what I was smelling when the doc walked in to give me my Vasectomy. No wonder he said "He wouldn't feel a thing"
__________________
Mitsubishi WD-Y57 TV Ex got in divorce
Directtv H-20 Receiver she got this too

Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player
Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player
Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 AVR 130W X 7
Kenwood Surround Speakers
Klipsch Senergy 12in Powered Subwoofer
Sony DVP-NS575P Progressive Scan DVD Player She got this too
Bitch got everything but my soul
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #34227
High Def fan
 
sigill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United kingdom-Manchester
Age: 35
Posts: 2,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvjunkie View Post
Hi Bar How the hell is everyone doing tonight???
Doing good. Ive allready got a quick question for you junkie. There is a pure audio button, is it better on or off?
__________________
Phillips 37" LCD 720p/1080i
Sony BDP-S350
Toshiba BDX2100
Toshiba XDE-500 DVD player
Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 AVR
KEF1005.2 speakers

Latest HD movies bought - The Game - The Skeleton Key - Memento
210 Blu-rays
sigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #34228
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 45
Posts: 14,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigill View Post
Thanks junkie. You just finished work? Yeah Loves2watch seems to be the go to man, he knows everything!
I've been home for about 2 hours. I was installing new antivirus program on my laptop and PC.
Yeah L2W knows his shit. He is very good when it comes to surrounds and set ups. He definately knows his stuff. In case L2W isn't around when you do your set up we all will be more than happy to help you out. I will say to use the Audessy mic setup. That is the berries. It beats the hell out of trying to adjust every speaker yourself. After it does it you may have to go in and fine tune it to your liking.
__________________
Mitsubishi WD-Y57 TV Ex got in divorce
Directtv H-20 Receiver she got this too

Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player
Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player
Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 AVR 130W X 7
Kenwood Surround Speakers
Klipsch Senergy 12in Powered Subwoofer
Sony DVP-NS575P Progressive Scan DVD Player She got this too
Bitch got everything but my soul
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #34229
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 45
Posts: 14,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigill View Post
Doing good. Ive allready got a quick question for you junkie. There is a pure audio button, is it better on or off?
I believe mine is set to off. I'd have to get my book out but I think that is for some kind of funky setup. I'll check to see what its for.
__________________
Mitsubishi WD-Y57 TV Ex got in divorce
Directtv H-20 Receiver she got this too

Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player
Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player
Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 AVR 130W X 7
Kenwood Surround Speakers
Klipsch Senergy 12in Powered Subwoofer
Sony DVP-NS575P Progressive Scan DVD Player She got this too
Bitch got everything but my soul
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #34230
The Legend Lives
 
hdtvjunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever I come to
Age: 45
Posts: 14,472
Default

OK Si, the Pure Audio is for listening to music. It turns off the display and video circuitry. Its to minimize noise and to give better high fidelity reproduction. So I'd leave it to OFF unless you listening to a music cd.
__________________
Mitsubishi WD-Y57 TV Ex got in divorce
Directtv H-20 Receiver she got this too

Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player
Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player
Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 AVR 130W X 7
Kenwood Surround Speakers
Klipsch Senergy 12in Powered Subwoofer
Sony DVP-NS575P Progressive Scan DVD Player She got this too
Bitch got everything but my soul
hdtvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > High Definition Media
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads to High Def Bar & Grill
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Def. Cable on my PC? eljugador Cable Providers 4 03-31-2008 12:54 PM
Does everything need to be in High def? rmslives High Definition Media 114 03-21-2008 07:53 AM
Switching around high def from receiver squeals99 DISH Network Forum 1 01-21-2008 09:04 AM
High Def DVD - Better than satellite HD movies? hwks1 High Definition Media 29 12-27-2007 10:33 PM
The cost of the High Def player and High Dev DVDs is not that important fryet HD DVD Players and Discs 22 11-23-2005 10:41 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum