High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > High Definition Media
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

High Definition Media A place to discuss BD, HD DVD and D-VHS and things that affect adoption of HD Media RSS - High Definition Media

"the rumor is" WB is going Blu?

Closed Thread
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #301
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 409
Default

I can't believe you guys are still banging on about this shit. Give it a rest and go take a shit, a shower, brush and floss your teeth, and go to bed. Nothing is going to happen today or tomorrow, and if it does, what are you going to do about it?
Madhatter is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #302
High on Definition
 
BiggNewt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,609
Default

Again with this nonsense...
__________________

Panasonic TC-P60GT30 Plasma 3DTV
Panasonic TC-P46G10 Plasma HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR609 7.1 HDMI Receiver
Energy TAKE Classic 5.1 Speakers
Sony SS-B1000 Surround Speakers (7.1)
Sony SA-W3000 180W Subwoofer
Sony PS3 (60gig w/ Linux installed)
Sony PS2 (160gig HDD, Messiah Pro 2 Modchip)
Phillips DVP642 Divx/PAL DVD Player
ViP 722k DVR Dual-Tuner 500GB
BiggNewt is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #303
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,023
Default

Really......enough.

Let it go.
brianh is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #304
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

We can't do anything about what any company does. Chill out. This isn't about bragging rights.
__________________
___________________________________
For PFC5 I miss ya, buddy WB L2W!
Living Room:
*JVC DLA-RS40 3D projector
Da-Lite wall mounted screen 110" diag.
DirecTV DVR
Sony PlayStation 3 60GB (first gen)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD
*Denon AVR-A100
Magnepan MMGW L/R
Magnepan MMGC center
Aperion 5DB surrounds
Aperion 10D sub
Oppo BDP-83SE
*Panny DMP-BDT100
XBOX 360 (first gen)
HTPC
WII
*special thanks to Robert at valueelectronics.com, you are great to work with!
Stew4HD is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #305
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 37,625
Default

I don't understand.

The purpose here at HDF is post questions, information, give assistance. All in the form of discussion and narrative.

If Jay and I want to continue this thread - that is our privelige as members. You don't want to - no problem - there are other threads to get involved in.

He knows the same that all of us know - it's a rumor - nothing more. And it has successfully wound up all the CE forums (where they are alowed to discuss it ).

You are all right - there is othing we can do about a decision - all we are doing is disusssing if there will be a change and when it might be announced.

Because if we are not here at HDF to discuss . . . then why bother being here?
Lee Stewart is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #306
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
I don't understand.

The purpose here at HDF is post questions, information, give assistance. All in the form of discussion and narrative.

If Jay and I want to continue this thread - that is our privelige as members. You don't want to - no problem - there are other threads to get involved in.

He knows the same that all of us know - it's a rumor - nothing more. And it has successfully wound up all the CE forums (where they are alowed to discuss it ).

You are all right - there is othing we can do about a decision - all we are doing is disusssing if there will be a change and when it might be announced.

Because if we are not here at HDF to discuss . . . then why bother being here?
Plus if this thread wasnt here we would have 500 other threads with the same thing
Qbfinest83 is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #307
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,023
Default

The horse is dead and beaten to a pulp by now.

No body really knows. The speculation is TEDIOUSLY annoying.

What is there to discuss when we don't know the decision that WB will make?
When we know, THEN we will have a discussion.
But to have pages and pages based on somethign that no body knows if it's true or not doesn't that seem like an absolute waste of time to you?
brianh is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #308
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 409
Default



You are certainly entitled to keep beating the dead horse, but seriously, what more can be accomplished or said that hasn't already? You aren't going to change minds (most already have a side that they support and are sticking to it), and you certainly won't get Warner to make a decision based on something you (or someone else) posts here. But really, give it a rest. It's almost like an obsession for some.
Madhatter is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #309
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
I can't believe you guys are still banging on about this shit. Give it a rest and go take a shit, a shower, brush and floss your teeth, and go to bed. Nothing is going to happen today or tomorrow, and if it does, what are you going to do about it?
Heres an idea, learn how to read the titles of these threads and if you got nothin to say on the topic move your ass on. Never seems to amaze me the ass clowns that pop in with a simple " let it go" or "can we move on" . Look how many threads there are, if you dont wanna talk about it dont click on the damn thread. Is that easy enough for you? Hatter i always knew you were a dumb ass but i think even you can follow these easy steps!
jay4highdef is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #310
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post


You are certainly entitled to keep beating the dead horse, but seriously, what more can be accomplished or said that hasn't already? You aren't going to change minds (most already have a side that they support and are sticking to it), and you certainly won't get Warner to make a decision based on something you (or someone else) posts here. But really, give it a rest. It's almost like an obsession for some.
Exactly.
brianh is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #311
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay4highdef View Post
Heres an idea, learn how to read the titles of these threads and if you got nothin to say on the topic move your ass on. Never seems to amaze me the ass clowns that pop in with a simple " let it go" or "can we move on" . Look how many threads there are, if you dont wanna talk about it dont click on the damn thread. Is that easy enough for you? Hatter i always knew you were a dumb ass but i think even you can follow these easy steps!
All I can say is that I'm gutted that you think I'm a dumb ass. Really gutted and hurt.

NOT

Anyone know how to put someone on the "plonker" list? I know there has to be one started around here somewhere.
Madhatter is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #312
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 235
Default

sorry lee I just had to put it in language he understands
jay4highdef is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #313
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 409
Default

Anyways, I have better things to do. Having a movie watching party tonight with lots of snacks and beer (and I'm the only one invited so far). If anyone who's not a total asshole wants to come over, feel free. Got Pirates of the Caribbean AWE, Cast Away, and my UK version of Bourne Ultimatum arrived today for my viewing pleasure. Ordered it from there since it's the non-combo version. Going to fire the cinema up in a few minutes and enjoy the show. I'll leave the sad sacks here to argue about Warner and why one side is better than the other.
Madhatter is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #314
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 37,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post


You are certainly entitled to keep beating the dead horse, but seriously, what more can be accomplished or said that hasn't already? You aren't going to change minds (most already have a side that they support and are sticking to it), and you certainly won't get Warner to make a decision based on something you (or someone else) posts here. But really, give it a rest. It's almost like an obsession for some.
Like I said - I am enjoying my discussion with Jay. I am not beating a dead horse because the horse isn't even here yet.

And we got additional info just 2 days ago in the form of how well Planet Earth on HD DVD sold. You think that WB is not going to look at that? An almost $100 title is #2 for the week against a #1 title at $40? WB wants profits. So which title made more money for it's studio? They literally sold the same.

The best thing for you to do is simply lurk the thread. Or get involved. But to tell us to stop . . ? Does that make sense? Why? If we are having fun - which we are - aren't we entitled to have fun?
Lee Stewart is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #315
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 37,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
Anyways, I have better things to do. Having a movie watching party tonight with lots of snacks and beer (and I'm the only one invited so far). If anyone who's not a total asshole wants to come over, feel free. Got Pirates of the Caribbean AWE, Cast Away, and my UK version of Bourne Ultimatum arrived today for my viewing pleasure. Ordered it from there since it's the non-combo version. Going to fire the cinema up in a few minutes and enjoy the show.
Bye bye

Enjoy yourself . . .we are!
Lee Stewart is offline  
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > High Definition Media
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads to "the rumor is" WB is going Blu?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why I think Blu Ray will win the Format War venomxr8 High Definition Media 82 07-17-2009 06:10 PM
The Beginner's Guide to HDTV mswoods1 The High Definition Lounge 19 04-28-2008 02:03 PM
If you didnt have a HD machine today, would you still buy a Blu Ray Player? connerc_37 High Definition Media 54 02-20-2008 05:09 AM
What are all the differences between HD DVD and Blu Ray? Huh? mswoods1 High Definition Media 75 01-17-2008 04:44 PM
Blu ray vs hd dvd blu ray a winner lcjjm Blu-Ray Players 56 12-18-2007 05:48 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:44 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright ©2004 - 2008, High Def Forum