High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Hardware > HD DVD Players and Discs
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

HD DVD Players and Discs A place to discuss HD DVD players, movies and anything else relating to the HD DVD format

How To Update The Firmware On Your Toshiba HD DVD Player - For New Owners

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #91
Hi Deffer
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8
Default Can not find out server?

I have a Toshiba A2 which is at firmware version 2.7 right now.
When I bought it a couple months ago I updated the version with no problem using Nero software and burning the iso image to a RW CD.
Now I see there is version 2.8 out so I downloaded it and burned it to a CD just like I did in the past but this time I get a message on the player saying Can not find out server.
I have all the network options set to off so I am not sure why I was able to upgrade in the past but not this time.
Has anyone else gotten this "not find out server" message?
Thanks.
__________________
Home:
Sony KDL40W3000
Toshiba A2
Panny DMPBD30K
PC:
Intel Pentium D 3.2GHz
2 GB DDR2 PC6400
ATI 2400 HD PRO
LG GGW-H20L
tmgrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #92
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
yes I know the latest is 1.3 but what I'm asking is when the version is displayed under setup and it shows 1.3/1.1, which number represents the current installed firmware on the device?
I have the same question mine also says 1.3/1.1, just got the a35 for backup for my addon. Is it the first or second number? From the op info it says the first. In avs it says the second. Anybody can confirm pls. Thanks

Also I have a 1080p tv and when I switch the player to 1080p the picture keeps twitching, I have to go back to 1080i, What do I do to get 1080p?

Lastly, when I turn on the player it keeps going to the time/date screen. I already set it, why does it keep going to this screen when I turn it on?

Pls help, thanks.
__________________
HDDVD: 167
BLURAY: 300 plus
DVDS: 600 plus
Moks007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #93
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 149
Default same question

I have the same question except that it's now up to 2.0 for the A3 so mine reads...

2.0/1.1 does that mean the update took? Thanks in advance for any help....
__________________
[size="1"]Vizio 32" LCD/HDTV (720P)
Vizio 42" VS420LF (1080P)
Toshiba A3 HD-DVD Player
Playstation 3
Vizio VBR200W

Onkyo 5.1 surround HTR500(very old LOL)

40
41

Newest Additions:Iron Man 2
Last Movie Watched:Iron Man 2, Advetureland



As I tell my children often instructions are included for a reason
bra1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #94
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bra1234 View Post
I have the same question except that it's now up to 2.0 for the A3 so mine reads...

2.0/1.1 does that mean the update took? Thanks in advance for any help....
Yes. The first set of numbers (i.e. 1.3/ or 2.0/) is the current version number.
__________________
Denon AVR-887
Klipsch RP-5 Pwred Towers (mains) (525 watts peak each 12"Subs)
All Klipsch RC-25(ctr),(2)SS1(surr),(2)SS1(rearSurr)
Toshiba (2)HD-A20,PS3,BD35
For SACD/DVD-A Samsung HD-841
Panny 50pz80u plasma
SETTINGS
RCA HD50LPW162 50"DLP w/HD2+
SA 3250HD
47" LCD+Yamaha5790+HD-A1(bedroom)
Harmony 680 + (2) 670s (amazing remote/support)
Game room with Onkyo receiver & B&W Speakers
The_Cable_Game
Take the high ground and be happier
PSN: PFC5
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #95
Loving my new Blu Ray
 
jnester74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bothell, Wa
Age: 40
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgrood View Post
I have a Toshiba A2 which is at firmware version 2.7 right now.
When I bought it a couple months ago I updated the version with no problem using Nero software and burning the iso image to a RW CD.
Now I see there is version 2.8 out so I downloaded it and burned it to a CD just like I did in the past but this time I get a message on the player saying Can not find out server.
I have all the network options set to off so I am not sure why I was able to upgrade in the past but not this time.
Has anyone else gotten this "not find out server" message?
Thanks.
I am having the same problem on my A35.. I am trying to update mine with an ISO disc with Version 2.0 It keep telling me cant connect to server or something like that. I don't havie it connected to an ethernet and I have all the settings to off. So why is it still telling me this.... HELPPPPP
__________________
97
41
Gamertag: NestHawk
TV: Samsung - 56" 1080p LED Engine DLP HDTV
Audio: Onkyo 705 w/hdmi
Player: Toshiba A35--Sony BDP-S350
Gaming: X-box 360 ELITE w/HD-add on
jnester74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #96
Love HD
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6
Unhappy stuck on Welcome after updating A3

I did not check my manual before having my A3 get the update from the internet and download it. I have a disc in the unit. I saw it loading 1/32, 2/32, etc. until it was done. After powering down and restarting the unit just sits there with Welcome on the display. I have tried the 10 second power down then click open disc button but it just sits there.

Any ideas on what I can do?
jsoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #97
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoles View Post
I did not check my manual before having my A3 get the update from the internet and download it. I have a disc in the unit. I saw it loading 1/32, 2/32, etc. until it was done. After powering down and restarting the unit just sits there with Welcome on the display. I have tried the 10 second power down then click open disc button but it just sits there.

Any ideas on what I can do?
Send it back to Toshiba for repair.
__________________
"Without struggle there can be no progress."
MidnightWatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #98
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Default

I was wondering if anyone had the 2.0 for the A35 and were willing to mail it to me. I would definitely reimburse for the CD and the shippping.
VizioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #99
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WEST COAST
Posts: 104
Default

I'm a NOOB here and was very excited to read
the detailed instructions. Very much appreciated.

Even though I have had my HD A-3 since Christmas, I have not had the chance to watch more than 1-2 movies. Busy schedule!

Anyway, tonight I'm going to make a point to check the firmware and see just how udpated I might be.

I'm sure I'll return again here to ask a follow up question or 2.
Hot Java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #100
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WEST COAST
Posts: 104
Default

OK so I checked my firmware per the terrific instructions posted here.
My Toshiba A-3 says 1.1/1.1

Keep in mind this HD DVD player was given to me for X-MAS and I was clueless about firmware up until last week.

I'll take a wild guess and say 1.1 is not the latest version and that I have some serious updating to do.

Would someone care to comment on my 1.1 and perhaps lead me in the right direction regarding what to do next?

Thank You!!!
Hot Java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #101
Former Super Moderator
 
Loves2Watch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In Flux
Posts: 20,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Java View Post
OK so I checked my firmware per the terrific instructions posted here.
My Toshiba A-3 says 1.1/1.1

Keep in mind this HD DVD player was given to me for X-MAS and I was clueless about firmware up until last week.

I'll take a wild guess and say 1.1 is not the latest version and that I have some serious updating to do.

Would someone care to comment on my 1.1 and perhaps lead me in the right direction regarding what to do next?

Thank You!!!
Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.
__________________
It's always time for pie
Live everyday as if it was your last and plan on living forever...
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #102
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WEST COAST
Posts: 104
Default

OK so I could use a little help here.
This is the message I saw on my HD DVD screen last nite:
This Disc is not DVD format
Cannot Play the Disc


So that was the message I received a few seconds after the cd loaded.

I downloaded the software onto a cd-Did I choose the wrong format?

I placed the cd into the tray, saw it was loading and then boom-That message appeared.

Not sure what went wrong.
Im confused and lost and a little irritated.

HELP!!
__________________
Vizio 37" LCD VX37L

Motorola DCT3416 I Comcast HD DVR


Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player
Firmware 2.0 has been updated-fully operational
Hot Java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #103
Former Super Moderator - RIP
 
PFC5's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 38,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Java View Post
OK so I could use a little help here.
This is the message I saw on my HD DVD screen last nite:
This Disc is not DVD format
Cannot Play the Disc


So that was the message I received a few seconds after the cd loaded.

I downloaded the software onto a cd-Did I choose the wrong format?

I placed the cd into the tray, saw it was loading and then boom-That message appeared.

Not sure what went wrong.
Im confused and lost and a little irritated.

HELP!!
I think the problem is you just burned the firmware to the CD (CD-R is the correct disc format to use BTW), and you didn't burn it AS AN IMAGE file. You must use this command (somewhere in your burning software) with the unzipped firmware file to have it format the CD-R as a HD DVD for it to work.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Denon AVR-887
Klipsch RP-5 Pwred Towers (mains) (525 watts peak each 12"Subs)
All Klipsch RC-25(ctr),(2)SS1(surr),(2)SS1(rearSurr)
Toshiba (2)HD-A20,PS3,BD35
For SACD/DVD-A Samsung HD-841
Panny 50pz80u plasma
SETTINGS
RCA HD50LPW162 50"DLP w/HD2+
SA 3250HD
47" LCD+Yamaha5790+HD-A1(bedroom)
Harmony 680 + (2) 670s (amazing remote/support)
Game room with Onkyo receiver & B&W Speakers
The_Cable_Game
Take the high ground and be happier
PSN: PFC5
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #104
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WEST COAST
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
I think the problem is you just burned the firmware to the CD (CD-R is the correct disc format to use BTW), and you didn't burn it AS AN IMAGE file. You must use this command (somewhere in your burning software) with the unzipped firmware file to have it format the CD-R as a HD DVD for it to work.

Hope this helps!
Hello,
Thanks for the feedback. I must have accidently forgot to use that particular command. As An Image-My fault.
And, I need to double check the cd is in fact
CD-R.

I'll try it again and see what happens.
__________________
Vizio 37" LCD VX37L

Motorola DCT3416 I Comcast HD DVR


Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player
Firmware 2.0 has been updated-fully operational
Hot Java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #105
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WEST COAST
Posts: 104
Angry

Hello again,
I made another attempt and saw the same error message as before.

Yes I am using a CD-R and still this process is NOT working for me.
Can't quite figure out what I am doing wrong or which step I may be missing.

Last week I phoned Toshiba for some help. They said the firmware updates are currently on "backorder", so who knows when I will receive that in the mail.

Guess I'll make another attempt and see if I can get this right.
__________________
Vizio 37" LCD VX37L

Motorola DCT3416 I Comcast HD DVR


Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player
Firmware 2.0 has been updated-fully operational
Hot Java is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Hardware > HD DVD Players and Discs
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads to How To Update The Firmware On Your Toshiba HD DVD Player - For New Owners
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ps3 vs. toshiba hd-dvd players out already siccivic420 HD DVD Players and Discs 76 08-18-2009 01:01 AM
New firmware update version 3.0 for the 1G HD DVD players here PFC5 HD DVD Players and Discs 26 05-09-2008 10:42 PM
Is Toshiba HD-DVD defective?? ADWyatt HD DVD Players and Discs 32 03-14-2008 03:28 AM
For New HD DVD Owners - How To Update Your New HD DVD Player MidnightWatche HD DVD Players and Discs 85 11-15-2007 05:06 PM
Official Toshiba HD DVD Firmware ISO Downloads Here! MidnightWatche HD DVD Players and Discs 46 08-11-2007 01:05 AM
My review of DVD portion of the NeuNeo Helios X3000 Network Streaming DVD Player PFC5 SD DVD Players and Discs 8 12-23-2006 04:39 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum