High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > Gaming & Systems
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems RSS - Gaming & Systems

Crysis 2 | MAXIMUM THREAD

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #76
Freelance Shill
 
kamspy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
How do you "see if it will let you preload" without actually buying the thing?
FWIW I've preordered probably a dozen games from Steam and this is the first one I couldn't preload. Not all of them were Steamworks either. Dragon Age 2 and Bad Company 2 both had preloads. Crytek was just being douchey since there was that leak. The Cervat Yurli guy is really dumb about how to control piracy. Shame, since he's the John Carmack of Crytek.


The game. THE FUCKING GAME. Wow. It has a lot of Halo influence. The maps are smaller than the original, but they use top rate gameplay design to make you think you're in a much bigger game. I'd call the maps about ~ Halo Reach double wides. you can upgrade the nanosuit now, and the aliens are much better to fight this time. They remind me of Covenant Elites. The story is actually really gruesome. I didn't expect this kind of subject matter at all.

The combat? Oh it's still the most satisfying ever. Every single bullet has weight and head shots feel better then any game I've ever played. I haven't been screwed out of a single bullet. The reaction animations are just instant and very rewarding. They understand game design very well at Crytek. The game is a ton of fun to play. I can easily say it's the best playing first person shooter ever. Graphics are up for debate (in some people's eyes, not mine), but the ballistics are simply second to none.


The audio.


The audio is absolutely slappin. Makes Bad Company 2 sound like a 96kbps youtube rip.


I can't see a scenario where this isn't GOTY. I prefer SP over MP so BF3 is ruled out.

Oh the anti aliasing. It has Temporal AA built into the engine. It does produce a small amount of Reach like ghosting (less then Reach, I only see it in the ACOG scope), but there is not a jaggy to be found. Screenshots dont' do it justice since it kinda works on the fly.


Oh, everyone here will be able to run completely maxed and get well over 30 FPS. I haven't read a single person complain about performance. If Crysis 1 is the best looking game ever, Crysis 2 is the most optimized game ever. On all three platforms it's in a class of it's own in that category.


These shots are terrible representations of the game. I took them in a rush in the first 10 minutes of gameplay.










Yes, that third shot is IN ENGINE. You don't control it at that moment but after a cool sequence you gain control without any engine transition.
kamspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #77
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

I can't wait to see it once the DX11 patch is released. I imagine that actual improvements in the graphics will be minor, but hopefully they'll make good use of tessellation along with advanced DoF.
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #78
Cool Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamspy View Post
The combat? Oh it's still the most satisfying ever. Every single bullet has weight and head shots feel better then any game I've ever played. I haven't been screwed out of a single bullet. The reaction animations are just instant and very rewarding. They understand game design very well at Crytek. The game is a ton of fun to play. I can easily say it's the best playing first person shooter ever. Graphics are up for debate (in some people's eyes, not mine), but the ballistics are simply second to none.
I had to bring up the ballistics issue and give you some props for your call about Metro 2033's Ranger mode. I was complaining about the shitty ballistics and overall gun combat and you said play Ranger mode. Well in Ranger mode, the ballistics are probably my favorite of any game I've played, and Metro is probably in my top 5 favorite games in recent memory.

Good thing I've still got 4.5 hours left on the download.

TOO BAD I DIDN'T THINK TO PREORDER SO I COULD PLAY THE GAME RIGHT AWAY
__________________
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, its not!
-Dr. Seuss
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #79
Cool Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
Hey man, don't be going all emo on us. Just pop open a beer and try to chill.

What I meant was that you can wait and see whether a game will allow you to preload it by waiting till the night before to preorder it. By then, you'll have found whether the game allows for preloading or not. If not, then no biggie as you can go to the store and pick it up the next day.

If a game is going to use Steamworks, chances are usually good that it will allow for preloading. It is your call and you'll just have to do what you think is best after you calm down a bit.
WTF? I wasn't yelling at you. Just bitching in general.

Still, the only way I would have been able to find out in advance if it was a pre-load was to ask people who already pre-ordered, which I never thought to do because I figured it would be criminal to not allow a pre-load on a pre-order, because there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to pre-order from Steam if they don't allow a pre-load. Its a trick, and I was fooled by them, and now I'm pissed, because like I said before, I'm leaving for 10 days tomorrow, so I won't be able to play this at all before I leave; maybe an hour tomorrow if I get some free time.
__________________
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, its not!
-Dr. Seuss
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #80
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
WTF? I wasn't yelling at you. Just bitching in general.

Still, the only way I would have been able to find out in advance if it was a pre-load was to ask people who already pre-ordered, which I never thought to do because I figured it would be criminal to not allow a pre-load on a pre-order, because there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to pre-order from Steam if they don't allow a pre-load. Its a trick, and I was fooled by them, and now I'm pissed, because like I said before, I'm leaving for 10 days tomorrow, so I won't be able to play this at all before I leave; maybe an hour tomorrow if I get some free time.
That means that you'll have something to look foward to once you get away from all the pretty ladies down there, and your Crysis 2 experience will be that much sweeter!
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #81
Cool Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,134
Default

Graphics - Best
Sound - Best
Ballistics - Best
Controls - Very good

Awesome game. Got to play about 30 minutes... The game is highly optimized for the Xbox controller, and I found it to be significantly more fun with the gamepad. Very fun game. Look forward to playing it again in two weeks
__________________
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, its not!
-Dr. Seuss
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #82
Punk Police
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
WOW

Sony FUD ALERT!!!!

We've got some panties in a twist over here!
no just this cherry picking bullshit for the 360 and the other thread where carmack says MAYBE and the 360 crowd bust's a nut. I just find it fucking hilarious that 5 years later we still have this bullshit. If your happy with your choice and really think its the best no need to try to justify it. Havent seen me be the pro-sony bias jackass in awhile cause theres no need to both consoles kick ass. We should be focusing on letting people know the Wii with its "cant play this game without motion plus" and yearly remakes of the DS without providing the software to back it up is a piece of shit. At least M$ backed up there fualty consoles where as nintendo is just fucking people selling hardware and the very seldom game thats worth a fuck.

On topic didnt someone here say this game sucks when i said I had hope for it HA!
jusHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #83
Cool Police
 
John Rambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusHD View Post
no just this cherry picking bullshit for the 360 and the other thread where carmack says MAYBE and the 360 crowd bust's a nut. I just find it fucking hilarious that 5 years later we still have this bullshit. If your happy with your choice and really think its the best no need to try to justify it. Havent seen me be the pro-sony bias jackass in awhile cause theres no need to both consoles kick ass. We should be focusing on letting people know the Wii with its "cant play this game without motion plus" and yearly remakes of the DS without providing the software to back it up is a piece of shit. At least M$ backed up there fualty consoles where as nintendo is just fucking people selling hardware and the very seldom game thats worth a fuck.

On topic didnt someone here say this game sucks when i said I had hope for it HA!

I didn't see any nut busting in the Carmack thread. *shrug*

And no, my initial impression of the multiplayer was not that great. The play style was too similar to Call of Duty for me.

Does that mean I'm not allowed to enjoy the single player game or change my impression based on new evidence? Or do I have to stick with my initial review of the multiplayer demo?
__________________
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, its not!
-Dr. Seuss
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #84
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Graphics - Best
Sound - Best
Ballistics - Best
Controls - Very good

Awesome game. Got to play about 30 minutes... The game is highly optimized for the Xbox controller, and I found it to be significantly more fun with the gamepad. Very fun game. Look forward to playing it again in two weeks
That is definately good to hear, seeing as how I just got myself a wired X360 controller for the PC. Either way, I hope the DX11 patch comes out soon so I can finally buy it. I'm in so rush as i'm really getting into Batman for the PC lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusHD View Post
no just this cherry picking bullshit for the 360 and the other thread where carmack says MAYBE and the 360 crowd bust's a nut. I just find it fucking hilarious that 5 years later we still have this bullshit. If your happy with your choice and really think its the best no need to try to justify it. Havent seen me be the pro-sony bias jackass in awhile cause theres no need to both consoles kick ass. We should be focusing on letting people know the Wii with its "cant play this game without motion plus" and yearly remakes of the DS without providing the software to back it up is a piece of shit. At least M$ backed up there fualty consoles where as nintendo is just fucking people selling hardware and the very seldom game thats worth a fuck.

On topic didnt someone here say this game sucks when i said I had hope for it HA!
What do you expect when you have a forum full of nerds? At the other tech forum I visit, it is the same thing except it is ATI vs. nVidia or AMD vs. Intel. At the car forum I visit, same thing except it is more along the lines of Ford vs. Chevy, and so on.
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #85
LCD > Plasma
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pa
Age: 41
Posts: 476
Default

ya'll be retarded..... I kid I kid...

Different eye's and tastes in games.
bobTHEbuilder4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #86
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Wow, the HardOCP does not seem to like Crysis 2.

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/03/...h_sucks_sloppy

We have played them all! Farcry, Crysis, and now Crysis 2. If you were relying on Crytek to stress your new AMD or NVIDIA GPUs, well, you will likely have to wait another 4 years, or never probably. Crysis 2 graphics suck. Yes the graphics suck and you all know why. Crytek sold us out for a bunch of pussy 360 gamers. Gameplay is about as exciting and motivating as pulling a scab off your dog's scrotum. Open gameplay? Yeah right. Challenging? Not in the least. Crysis 2 goes into the "Never Finished" game bin with Daikatana. Come to think of it, Daikatana had better multi-player.


I don't often gripe about game devs selling out, but Crytek sure did. Crytek is not about innovative gameplay and astounding graphics any more. Crytek is about ripping me off for $60. I think Crytek would have gotten better press if it had not of even released its water-downed and anemic PC version of this "game." I hope Cevat Yerli chokes on this giant flaccid floppy penis of a game, while he is pulling out his overstuffed-wallet. Yeah, I just said that, and I meant it.


At least my 10 year old son thinks it is awesome. Wish he would give me the $60 back. Crysis 2 will be a great buy....when it hits the $2.99 price point on Steam.

__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #87
LCD > Plasma
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pa
Age: 41
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
Wow, the HardOCP does not seem to like Crysis 2.

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/03/...h_sucks_sloppy

We have played them all! Farcry, Crysis, and now Crysis 2. If you were relying on Crytek to stress your new AMD or NVIDIA GPUs, well, you will likely have to wait another 4 years, or never probably. Crysis 2 graphics suck. Yes the graphics suck and you all know why. Crytek sold us out for a bunch of pussy 360 gamers. Gameplay is about as exciting and motivating as pulling a scab off your dog's scrotum. Open gameplay? Yeah right. Challenging? Not in the least. Crysis 2 goes into the "Never Finished" game bin with Daikatana. Come to think of it, Daikatana had better multi-player.


I don't often gripe about game devs selling out, but Crytek sure did. Crytek is not about innovative gameplay and astounding graphics any more. Crytek is about ripping me off for $60. I think Crytek would have gotten better press if it had not of even released its water-downed and anemic PC version of this "game." I hope Cevat Yerli chokes on this giant flaccid floppy penis of a game, while he is pulling out his overstuffed-wallet. Yeah, I just said that, and I meant it.


At least my 10 year old son thinks it is awesome. Wish he would give me the $60 back. Crysis 2 will be a great buy....when it hits the $2.99 price point on Steam.

Like I been saying, from a critics stand point the game blows floppycock.

And you all think its the best damn thing ever. I agree with 90% of what that article had to say about the game, my 'demo' still goes unfinished thanks to a shitty no save point in the game where I keep dieing trying to figure out where to go next on a floating city of crumbling rock. (oops spoiler alert) have fun with that part of the game it blows.
bobTHEbuilder4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #88
Freelance Shill
 
kamspy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
Wow, the HardOCP does not seem to like Crysis 2.

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/03/...h_sucks_sloppy

We have played them all! Farcry, Crysis, and now Crysis 2. If you were relying on Crytek to stress your new AMD or NVIDIA GPUs, well, you will likely have to wait another 4 years, or never probably. Crysis 2 graphics suck. Yes the graphics suck and you all know why. Crytek sold us out for a bunch of pussy 360 gamers. Gameplay is about as exciting and motivating as pulling a scab off your dog's scrotum. Open gameplay? Yeah right. Challenging? Not in the least. Crysis 2 goes into the "Never Finished" game bin with Daikatana. Come to think of it, Daikatana had better multi-player.


I don't often gripe about game devs selling out, but Crytek sure did. Crytek is not about innovative gameplay and astounding graphics any more. Crytek is about ripping me off for $60. I think Crytek would have gotten better press if it had not of even released its water-downed and anemic PC version of this "game." I hope Cevat Yerli chokes on this giant flaccid floppy penis of a game, while he is pulling out his overstuffed-wallet. Yeah, I just said that, and I meant it.


At least my 10 year old son thinks it is awesome. Wish he would give me the $60 back. Crysis 2 will be a great buy....when it hits the $2.99 price point on Steam.


Further lowering any remaining credibility [H] had. They're just as bad as console fanboys.

I thought it was a forum post, but an actual editorial? LOL. I'll stick with PC Gamer.
kamspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #89
The Bringer of Balance
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,350
Default

You should be happy...u are going to mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Graphics - Best
Sound - Best
Ballistics - Best
Controls - Very good

Awesome game. Got to play about 30 minutes... The game is highly optimized for the Xbox controller, and I found it to be significantly more fun with the gamepad. Very fun game. Look forward to playing it again in two weeks
__________________
Panasonic P55 ST30
Kenwood VR-616
Comcast DCT6412 III
XBox 360
GamerTag Sec0nd2N0n3
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #90
Freelance Shill
 
kamspy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
You should be happy...u are going to mexico
Testament to how good the game is. Dude is on his way to freaking MEXICO to PARTY and still manages a "" about not being able to play.
kamspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > Gaming & Systems
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum