High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > Gaming & Systems
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems RSS - Gaming & Systems

Need help! PS3 HDD upgrade corrupted data!

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
F'IN CAMPERS!!!!!
 
xcitor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 701
Default Need help! PS3 HDD upgrade corrupted data!

OMG! This has been the most frustarting thing I have ever been through install wise.

I took my PS3 HDD out to run diagnostics on it. While I had it connected to my PC, I decided to give it a fresh format as well. I fully formatted it with all zero's, and tryed to install back...data corrupted it told me for the update it prompted me for. I downloaded another 3.56 firmware, same thing. I tried formatting it to NTSC...same thing corrupted data. FAT32...corrupted data.

I've tryed differant usb drive...corrupted data!

GUYS WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?

Am I completly missing something, or is my PS3 fried for some reason? I have upgraded hdd's before on 2 differant PS3s. NEVER this much of a problem.

ANY HELP, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
__________________
50" Panasonic 50st60
PS4 w/ 1tb SSHD
Pioneer VSX-823-K
Fronts/Surrounds/Center: Energy Take 5
Subwoofer: Infinity PS-212
460

HTPC:
Case: Carbide Series 200R
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel i5-2500K@ 4.2ghz
Memory: 16gb G. Skill 1866
Boot Drive: HP SSD 120gb
Storage Drive: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm
Video: EVGA GTX 780
Power: Rosewill Tachyon 1000w

PSN/Steam: xombekiller
xcitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,992
Default

Remove the drive, power on the ps3. When it ask for a hard drive to format plug it in.
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
F'IN CAMPERS!!!!!
 
xcitor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 701
Default

I doesn't even get to the format point with me, just asks for the update on the usb.

I tried what you asked, and it just stayed on the hard can not be found screen. No change.
__________________
50" Panasonic 50st60
PS4 w/ 1tb SSHD
Pioneer VSX-823-K
Fronts/Surrounds/Center: Energy Take 5
Subwoofer: Infinity PS-212
460

HTPC:
Case: Carbide Series 200R
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel i5-2500K@ 4.2ghz
Memory: 16gb G. Skill 1866
Boot Drive: HP SSD 120gb
Storage Drive: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm
Video: EVGA GTX 780
Power: Rosewill Tachyon 1000w

PSN/Steam: xombekiller
xcitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,435
Default

It would suck balls if Sony is now implementing some kind of HDD key to prevent users from freely upgrading their HDDs to combat this piracy issue.

Pinoy hear of anything so low? If they start doing something like this they'd lose more cred than from the piracy issue.
__________________
Molester Man:
"Please don't stare at my right hand like that...
...Because it's the same hand that was gripping my monkey wrench yesterday if you know what I mean."
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Freelance Shill
 
kamspy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22,279
Default

Aren't there instructions in the PS3 manual for how to change your HDD Rail?
kamspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamspy View Post
Aren't there instructions in the PS3 manual for how to change your HDD Rail?
Last I checked there was a section dedicated to setting up your OtherOS too. What's your point?
__________________
Molester Man:
"Please don't stare at my right hand like that...
...Because it's the same hand that was gripping my monkey wrench yesterday if you know what I mean."
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
F'IN CAMPERS!!!!!
 
xcitor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 701
Default

Yeah guys, this really sucks. I can NOT get this to work. I essentially have a bricked system. I wish I could even jailbreak it temporarily just to get it to boot to the menu, or SOMETHING!

We have some shit going on finacially too, and I can't just run out and buy another one either...THIS REALLY SUCKS!

I've NEVER had an issue like this...this is NUTS!
__________________
50" Panasonic 50st60
PS4 w/ 1tb SSHD
Pioneer VSX-823-K
Fronts/Surrounds/Center: Energy Take 5
Subwoofer: Infinity PS-212
460

HTPC:
Case: Carbide Series 200R
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel i5-2500K@ 4.2ghz
Memory: 16gb G. Skill 1866
Boot Drive: HP SSD 120gb
Storage Drive: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm
Video: EVGA GTX 780
Power: Rosewill Tachyon 1000w

PSN/Steam: xombekiller
xcitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcitor View Post
I doesn't even get to the format point with me, just asks for the update on the usb.

I tried what you asked, and it just stayed on the hard can not be found screen. No change.
Doesn't see the HDD? Can you access the recovery menu by holding down the power button as you power up? Try the disk utilities in there? Try flashing the firmware from the recovery menu?

What firmware was the PS3 on? 3.55 or 3.56? (3.56 literally just came out last night) If the ps3 was 3.55 that might be your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by railven View Post
It would suck balls if Sony is now implementing some kind of HDD key to prevent users from freely upgrading their HDDs to combat this piracy issue.

Pinoy hear of anything so low? If they start doing something like this they'd lose more cred than from the piracy issue.
I don't think so (at least I hope not)
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
F'IN CAMPERS!!!!!
 
xcitor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 701
Default

Ok,
Thank you all to have responded so far. Still no luck after being up all night, getting 3 hrs of sleep and trying again.

Pinoy, I had just upgraded to 3.56, and everything was fine. I copied all my game saves over to a usb just fine before I took the hdd out.

I can get to the recovery menu, and this is what happens with each option:

Restart System: Restarts system

Restore Default Settings: Works for a little bit, resets, back to same data is corrupted on the flash when prompted for firmware.

Restore File System: Immediatly tells me to contact costumer service/ serious error has occured with error code 8001002B

Rebuild Database: Immediatly tells me CAN NOT ACCESS HARD DRIVE

Restore PS3 System: Says its restoring brings me back to prompt for firmware, tells me data is corrupted.

System Update: Same, tells me data is corrupted

Thanks guys...its looking like I'm screwed though. I do not know what else to do at this point.
__________________
50" Panasonic 50st60
PS4 w/ 1tb SSHD
Pioneer VSX-823-K
Fronts/Surrounds/Center: Energy Take 5
Subwoofer: Infinity PS-212
460

HTPC:
Case: Carbide Series 200R
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel i5-2500K@ 4.2ghz
Memory: 16gb G. Skill 1866
Boot Drive: HP SSD 120gb
Storage Drive: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm
Video: EVGA GTX 780
Power: Rosewill Tachyon 1000w

PSN/Steam: xombekiller
xcitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcitor View Post
Ok,
Thank you all to have responded so far. Still no luck after being up all night, getting 3 hrs of sleep and trying again.

Pinoy, I had just upgraded to 3.56, and everything was fine. I copied all my game saves over to a usb just fine before I took the hdd out.

I can get to the recovery menu, and this is what happens with each option:

Restart System: Restarts system

Restore Default Settings: Works for a little bit, resets, back to same data is corrupted on the flash when prompted for firmware.

Restore File System: Immediatly tells me to contact costumer service/ serious error has occured with error code 8001002B

Rebuild Database: Immediatly tells me CAN NOT ACCESS HARD DRIVE

Restore PS3 System: Says its restoring brings me back to prompt for firmware, tells me data is corrupted.

System Update: Same, tells me data is corrupted

Thanks guys...its looking like I'm screwed though. I do not know what else to do at this point.
You're trying to update using a USB stick containing the 3.56 update correct? Ensure your folders are right (PS3/UPDATE/xxxx.PUP)

Here is the link to the latest firmware: 3.56
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
F'IN CAMPERS!!!!!
 
xcitor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 701
Default

Yeah the folder structure is right. I def. have the right firmware as well. I actually just called a local repair shop that does console repairs, and even he didn't have a clue.

I'm fucking screwed...
__________________
50" Panasonic 50st60
PS4 w/ 1tb SSHD
Pioneer VSX-823-K
Fronts/Surrounds/Center: Energy Take 5
Subwoofer: Infinity PS-212
460

HTPC:
Case: Carbide Series 200R
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel i5-2500K@ 4.2ghz
Memory: 16gb G. Skill 1866
Boot Drive: HP SSD 120gb
Storage Drive: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm
Video: EVGA GTX 780
Power: Rosewill Tachyon 1000w

PSN/Steam: xombekiller
xcitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcitor View Post
Yeah the folder structure is right. I def. have the right firmware as well. I actually just called a local repair shop that does console repairs, and even he didn't have a clue.

I'm fucking screwed...
You try a difference source for the firmware files or checking your USB disk if that is the culprit?

Seems like it is finding the HDD but cant initialize the FW unless I'm reading this wrong?
__________________
Molester Man:
"Please don't stare at my right hand like that...
...Because it's the same hand that was gripping my monkey wrench yesterday if you know what I mean."
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #13
F'IN CAMPERS!!!!!
 
xcitor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 701
Default

Yeah. Multiple sources. I just downloaded the last try from Sony's website.
__________________
50" Panasonic 50st60
PS4 w/ 1tb SSHD
Pioneer VSX-823-K
Fronts/Surrounds/Center: Energy Take 5
Subwoofer: Infinity PS-212
460

HTPC:
Case: Carbide Series 200R
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel i5-2500K@ 4.2ghz
Memory: 16gb G. Skill 1866
Boot Drive: HP SSD 120gb
Storage Drive: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm
Video: EVGA GTX 780
Power: Rosewill Tachyon 1000w

PSN/Steam: xombekiller
xcitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #14
PLS C SIG:
 
railven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcitor View Post
Yeah. Multiple sources. I just downloaded the last try from Sony's website.
Try a difference USB stick or even USB slot on the PS3?

You try a previous FW version just to rule out that FW isn't botched?
__________________
Molester Man:
"Please don't stare at my right hand like that...
...Because it's the same hand that was gripping my monkey wrench yesterday if you know what I mean."
railven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by railven View Post
Try a difference USB stick or even USB slot on the PS3?

You try a previous FW version just to rule out that FW isn't botched?
If you need the 3.55 firmware I have it.
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > Gaming & Systems
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum