High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > Gaming & Systems
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Gaming & Systems A place to discuss video game systems RSS - Gaming & Systems

GT5 coming November 24th

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #316
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,977
Default

Some of the guys over at Forza.net have a good camera eye, check out this GT5 shot one over there took:

__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #317
I'm Fabulous.
 
awol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 8,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
Sorry, the license tests give you different cars depending on how you finish.
Ah.... I see what you mean... I haven't really bothered with them this go-round.

Do you know if you can get a different car for each trophy? Or do you only get one car regardless? As in, if you get gold on the first try (is it even possible?), do you get all three cars? Or do you just get the one car at the gold level?
awol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #318
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
Ah.... I see what you mean... I haven't really bothered with them this go-round.

Do you know if you can get a different car for each trophy? Or do you only get one car regardless? As in, if you get gold on the first try (is it even possible?), do you get all three cars? Or do you just get the one car at the gold level?
Good question... and I haven't the foggiest idea
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #319
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
House72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 3,218
Default

[quote=Pinoy;1124268]You pretty much never get your money back out of a car... Just saying.


QUOTE]

My car is 1 of 84, and I got a an awesome deal on it.. So, I will be getting more then my money back..


I know what you mean though about not getting money out of your car.. If one know where to look, and how to buy, then they can..

Sorry for the derailment..

Those are some nice looking pics...
__________________


PSN= Foreniscs80
House72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #320
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,977
Default

[quote=House72;1124604]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
You pretty much never get your money back out of a car... Just saying.


QUOTE]

My car is 1 of 84, and I got a an awesome deal on it.. So, I will be getting more then my money back..


I know what you mean though about not getting money out of your car.. If one know where to look, and how to buy, then they can..

Sorry for the derailment..

Those are some nice looking pics...
True enough, I guess I should have said "typically".
That picture is pretty bad ass, but not mine. I really don't like how GT5's replay/photo mode is integrated together with no rewind/fastfoward option... you gotta hit pause at just the right moment for a pic like that.
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #321
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
House72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 3,218
Default

[quote=Pinoy;1124607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by House72 View Post

True enough, I guess I should have said "typically".
That picture is pretty bad ass, but not mine. I really don't like how GT5's replay/photo mode is integrated together with no rewind/fastfoward option... you gotta hit pause at just the right moment for a pic like that.
I was at bestbuy today, and they had GT5 on one of their tv's, and it looked really really good..


It's ok about the car too. lol I'll let you slide this time.. Just messing with you Master P...
__________________


PSN= Foreniscs80
House72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #322
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,977
Default

lulz... fuggin House
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #323
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,977
Default

Some of GT5's standard cars will be upgraded to premium models as PD completes more modeling.

Hopefully this will be free updates, and kinda confirms what I said before about PD biting off more than they could chew with the premium modeling.
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #324
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,977
Default

Second update...

PD is giving cars away for Xmas

Quote:
First picked up by our own Amar212, SCEJ (Sony Japan) has announced that three free cars for Gran Turismo 5 will be available to download from the PlayStation Store on December 24th. The free cars will be “Chrome Line” editions of the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640, Jaguar XJ13, and a BMW M3 Coupe. Keep in mind this news report has – so far – only come out of Japan (though Japanese gaming site AndriaSang rather confidently states that “Anyone with GT5 will be able to make the download for free.”)

Stay tuned for more details when they become available. Thanks to all who sent this in!
The Lambo and Beemer are the ones that came in the CE version so I already have them,but I'm looking forward to rocking that Jag
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #325
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...port_3-feature

In case anyone is interested, C&D just did a comparison test of GT5 and Forza 3. I thought it was an interesting read from guys who beat the crap out of real life cars.

Forza offers more tracks overall and more real-world tracks than its PlayStation competitor, with Road America and Sebring among those not offered in GT5, although it lacks a course maker. Still, the tracks in Forza are rendered better than those in GT5, with more-realistic scenery. GT5 racers may notice that viewing replays from a high vantage point betrays trees comprised of two tree-shaped “panels” intersecting one another, like a set piece in a play. By contrast, Forza’s trees and surroundings seem much more three-dimensional.



The track depiction between the two games is very close, with only a couple slight deviations here and there. (As examples, some walls were closer to the track in one game or the other, and the crest on Laguna’s main straight was a bit more pronounced in GT5.) Going off track in Forza was less detrimental to vehicle speed and control (less realistic) than in GT5. Engines, however, sounded more authentic in Forza. I think the slight advantage in lap times in Forza can be attributed to the tire-wear issue in GT5, in addition to the care you must exercise with the throttle coming out of corners. It’s too close to tell if the minor discrepancies between the digital Laguna Secas played a part.

__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #326
Love the Sub
 
venomxr8's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,509
Default

to me its all about the physics and gt is the closest thing ive ever experienced to driving in real life. I have the microsoft wheel and got the special edition of forza 2 and downloaded the forza 3 demo and allthough they are fun games, the pure driving experience does not compare to gt5
__________________
venomxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #327
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomxr8 View Post
to me its all about the physics and gt is the closest thing ive ever experienced to driving in real life. I have the microsoft wheel and got the special edition of forza 2 and downloaded the forza 3 demo and allthough they are fun games, the pure driving experience does not compare to gt5
To be honest, Forza 3's demo was absolutely horrible as was Forza 2's demo. Forza 3 is considered to be many orders of magnitude better than the previous F2 though. I will admit from the few hours of playing GT5 at a buddy's apartment that I agree with almost all these guys said as GT5 isn't as easy, and thus had a steeper learning curve. I also hate the PS3 controller though..........
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #328
Love the Sub
 
venomxr8's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
To be honest, Forza 3's demo was absolutely horrible as was Forza 2's demo. Forza 3 is considered to be many orders of magnitude better than the previous F2 though. I will admit from the few hours of playing GT5 at a buddy's apartment that I agree with almost all these guys said as GT5 isn't as easy, and thus had a steeper learning curve. I also hate the PS3 controller though..........
yea i remember the forza 2 demo was trash but i wanted a driving sim so i bought the full game anyway and it was a lot better than the demo. Ive heard the case is the same with the forza 3 demo.
__________________
venomxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #329
I'm here for the lulz
 
Pinoy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdgamer View Post
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...port_3-feature

In case anyone is interested, C&D just did a comparison test of GT5 and Forza 3. I thought it was an interesting read from guys who beat the crap out of real life cars.

Forza offers more tracks overall and more real-world tracks than its PlayStation competitor, with Road America and Sebring among those not offered in GT5, although it lacks a course maker. Still, the tracks in Forza are rendered better than those in GT5, with more-realistic scenery. GT5 racers may notice that viewing replays from a high vantage point betrays trees comprised of two tree-shaped “panels” intersecting one another, like a set piece in a play. By contrast, Forza’s trees and surroundings seem much more three-dimensional.



The track depiction between the two games is very close, with only a couple slight deviations here and there. (As examples, some walls were closer to the track in one game or the other, and the crest on Laguna’s main straight was a bit more pronounced in GT5.) Going off track in Forza was less detrimental to vehicle speed and control (less realistic) than in GT5. Engines, however, sounded more authentic in Forza. I think the slight advantage in lap times in Forza can be attributed to the tire-wear issue in GT5, in addition to the care you must exercise with the throttle coming out of corners. It’s too close to tell if the minor discrepancies between the digital Laguna Secas played a part.

Yeah, Forza does do environments and audio better IMO, and I agree with C&D on that.
__________________
SteamID: Zr0
Casting Wizard Jizz from The Cloud since '13
Is it still trolling if it's true?
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #330
AMD must survive
 
amdgamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomxr8 View Post
yea i remember the forza 2 demo was trash but i wanted a driving sim so i bought the full game anyway and it was a lot better than the demo. Ive heard the case is the same with the forza 3 demo.
Yeah, the Forza 3 demo was absolute garbage as well. It makes no sense to release a demo that gives people a bad impression about a game that you are trying to sell.
__________________
X360 Elite with HD-DVD add-on, gamertag junehhan
Toshiba HD-A1, XDE-600 players
-Klipsch RSW10, Pioneer VSX1016TXVK

Personal and Small Business Banker, Wells Fargo
Member of Downtown Homer Rotary club

Goodbye our friend PFC5 and Loves2Watch. You will be greatly missed
amdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > General Chit Chat > Gaming & Systems
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright ©2004 - 2008, High Def Forum