High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource (http://www.highdefforum.com/index.php)
-   Flat-Panel TVs (http://www.highdefforum.com/flat-panel-tvs-38/)
-   -   High-end flat panel HDTV shoot-out event (http://www.highdefforum.com/flat-panel-tvs/115745-high-end-flat-panel-hdtv-shoot-out-event.html)

DTV TiVo Dealer 08-05-2010 08:18 AM

High-end flat panel HDTV shoot-out event
 
Every premium manufacturer's flagship flat panel offering will be on display and will be evaluated.

Participants include key note speakers, highly respected industry experts, video/audiophiles. High Def Forum members are invited.

Plasmas from: Panasonic ~ Samsung ~ LG, alongside LCD/LEDs from Sony ~ Toshiba ~ Samsung ~ LG.

Here are the details about the shootout:

Sponsor: Value Electronics - www.valueelectronics.com
Time: September 11, 2010 at 7 PM and September 12 at 3 PM EST
Location: 108 Garth Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Webcast: www.livestream.com/hdtvshootout
Phone: 800-789-5050 or 914-723-3344

There are still limited seats available for both days. To sign up and or get more information go to our special shoot-out web page.

Find out who's got the best HD flat panel for 2009-2010

-Robert

HiDefRev 08-05-2010 10:05 AM

Shoot out
 
This should prove to be very interesting. Thanks for the link. :D

DTV TiVo Dealer 08-05-2010 11:21 AM

Thanks HiDefRev ^^.

At the request of PFC5 and others we are including a comparison and measurements of the before and after ISF calibration.

-Robert

PFC5 08-05-2010 11:43 AM

I am really looking forward to hearing about the results and if I get lucky to be able to finally attend one if work permits it.

Thanks for adding that pre/post calibration and I hope they can try to adjust them with just the user menus like a consumer could easily do with a calibration disc so we see how most people would see these TVs in their homes as most do not get pro calibrations. It will also show how much a pro calibration may improve the PQ as well. These things would be good to know by most consumers.

Thanks for doing this as it is always informative when you do these shootouts. :bowdown:

DTV TiVo Dealer 08-08-2010 09:12 PM

Thanks PFC5! Hope you can attend. Any HDF member who is interested in attending are welcome to register to get a seat.

-Robert

mytime 08-08-2010 09:51 PM

Looking forward to it Robert. Will David be there with you?

DTV TiVo Dealer 08-09-2010 09:53 AM

mytime, yes David is attending.

The calibration team is Ed Johnson, D-Nice and Kevin Miller. Kevin Miller is our key note speaker. D-Nice and Ed Johnson and myself also have presenting subjects.

Panasonic, Samsung, Toshiba and LG to have their best technical product trainers presenting their products and we have one VIP guest speaker.

I just want to give away one special part of our agenda that will be very exciting and fun. We're launching our brand of active shutter Universal 3D glasses so the audience can easily scan across the shoot-out wall to evaluate the performance of each panel with varied 3D content. As you know all manufacturers require their own brand of 3D glasses so having Universal glasses will give us the unique opportunity to quickly and accurately compare every HDTVs 3D performance.

This will be our best HDTV shoot-out.

-Robert

TwoPlusTwo 08-09-2010 06:10 PM

This is going to be great. I'll be watching the webcast.

My prediction is that the VT25 is gonna curb-stomp it's competition in 3D, and have a slight edge in 2D as well.

ImRizzo 08-09-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer (Post 1074046)
Thanks HiDefRev ^^.

At the request of PFC5 and others we are including a comparison and measurements of the before and after ISF calibration.

-Robert

Looking forward to it.

TwoPlusTwo 08-09-2010 06:22 PM

Hey Robert, who is judging the sets in this event?

Is it the professionals Ed Johnson, D-Nice, and Kevin Miller? Or the crowd?

Because a crowd of casual viewers might just pick the set with the most "pop." :huh

DTV TiVo Dealer 08-09-2010 07:23 PM

Great question ^^ glad you asked.

First, I want you to know that the audience is made up of TV Broadcast engineers, motion picture industry professionals and executives, and serious a/vphiles. This event is not open to the public, it is a private invited group of serious professionals and enthusiasts. BTW, you are invited!

Here's how we determine the ranking of each TV. Kevin Miller, our master calibrator, D-Nice and Ed Johnson puts up SMPTE test patterns and educates the audience on what we are looking at and how to interpret the test patterns. After all of the speakers have finished teaching we have a q/a session and finally one at a time we hand out four ballots each titled with the pq attributes and the audience walks around the room closely viewing each panel and rating them on a scale of 1 to 10. So first we'll do contrast ratio, then color saturation, then calorimetry (color accuracy), then motion resolution and for our group we add a 5th evaluation and that's how video actually looks with a reference BD movie.

We publish the results of each night's attendees as well as the panel of experts evaluations.

Keep asking questions!

-Robert

mytime 08-09-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer (Post 1075422)
Great question ^^ glad you asked.

First, I want you to know that the audience is made up of TV Broadcast engineers, motion picture industry professionals and executives, and serious a/vphiles. This event is not open to the public, it is a private invited group of serious professionals and enthusiasts. BTW, you are invited!

Here's how we determine the ranking of each TV. Kevin Miller, our master calibrator, D-Nice and Ed Johnson puts up SMPTE test patterns and educates the audience on what we are looking at and how to interpret the test patterns. After all of the speakers have finished teaching we have a q/a session and finally one at a time we hand out four ballots each titled with the pq attributes and the audience walks around the room closely viewing each panel and rating them on a scale of 1 to 10. So first we'll do contrast ratio, then color saturation, then calorimetry (color accuracy), then motion resolution and for our group we add a 5th evaluation and that's how video actually looks with a reference BD movie.

We publish the results of each night's attendees as well as the panel of experts evaluations.

Keep asking questions!

-Robert

Last years was great. As I said looking forward to it.

DTV TiVo Dealer 08-09-2010 07:35 PM

HiDefRev, PFC5, TwoPlusTwo, TwoPlusTwo, mytime and other fine HDF members I want you to join us in person at one of the two dates. No excuses, NY is beautiful in mid September and you will love this event.

-Robert

ImRizzo 08-09-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer (Post 1075427)
HiDefRev, PFC5, TwoPlusTwo, TwoPlusTwo, mytime and other fine HDF members I want you to join us in person at one of the two dates. No excuses, NY is beautiful in mid September and you will love this event.

-Robert

I may drop in too, if there's room, Sir.

dsskid 08-09-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer (Post 1075427)
HiDefRev, PFC5, TwoPlusTwo, TwoPlusTwo, mytime and other fine HDF members I want you to join us in person at one of the two dates. No excuses, NY is beautiful in mid September and you will love this event.

-Robert

I'd like to go.......


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum