High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Programming Providers > DISH Network Forum
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

DISH Network Forum Discuss and learn about Dish Network High Definition Satellite TV. Do not put referral code posts in this forum as they will be treated as SPAM. Thank you.RSS - DISH Network Forum

Like Tree4Likes

DISH Hopper & Joey Information Thread

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greentown, PA
Age: 57
Posts: 2,295
Default

1 Hopper and 1 Joey give you three tuners with two independent outputs viewing separate programing.
garys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #17
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Ray C@DISH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 598
Default

With the 3 tuners the Hopper has, you can do the same as your current setup. The Hopper would replace your 612 and the Joey the HD receiver. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazhilUT View Post
How would the Joey and Hopper apply to my scenario?

I have a 612K VIP HD DVR and a HD stand alone receiver;

So I can watch a live show on the DVR, record another show on the same DVR and I can watch a third show on the HD stand alone receiver.

How would the Joey and Hopper apply to my case because I definitely want to be able to watch something while something else is being recorded and have the other TV in my room to be independent and watch a third show. So 3 active tuners.
Ray C@DISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
Default

For existing customers the Hopper is going to have either a $100 or $200 upgrade fee for each of the first and second Hoppers depending on the customer's account standing. Up to 3 Joeys will be free upgrades if in good account standing, otherwise $100 each. New customers will get the first Hopper for $99 but get $99 credited back if they subscribe to the Top 200 and above. The second Hopper for a new customer would be $199.

NOTE: Everything posted on the internet including this should be considered unofficial unless announced officially by DISH directly.

Last edited by jdmart; 02-24-2012 at 08:57 AM.
jdmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #19
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Ray C@DISH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 598
Default

Deleted.
Ray C@DISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #20
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazhilUT View Post
How would the Joey and Hopper apply to my scenario?

I have a 612K VIP HD DVR and a HD stand alone receiver;

So I can watch a live show on the DVR, record another show on the same DVR and I can watch a third show on the HD stand alone receiver.

How would the Joey and Hopper apply to my case because I definitely want to be able to watch something while something else is being recorded and have the other TV in my room to be independent and watch a third show. So 3 active tuners.
The Hopper has 3 active tuners so no problem doing what you described.
HDGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #21
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 18
Default

I have a 722K right now connected to 2 TVs. If I get a hopper and 1 Joey unit will I have HD on both TVs now?
Moof219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #22
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greentown, PA
Age: 57
Posts: 2,295
Default

Yes, but if you have ota, you will lose that.
garys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #23
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 41
Default

DISH is planning to have an OTA adapter with a USB connection this summer.
HDGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
WWW.CLEVELAND PLASMA.COM
 
Cle. Plasma's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CLEVELAND, OHIO
Posts: 678
Default

Hopper and Joey Update:

If any "Existing" Dish Network customers want this service and there account is in good standing, they can "dish it up" for $99. They would get a hopper, and up to 3 joeys for this $99 cost installed New 2 year agreement would have to be signed. Even if you just got Dish Network installed 30 days ago this $99 deal applies.

If someone is a new customer, the above is free if a person has good credit.

These Joeys and hoppers can start being sold tomorrow They can not be activated until 03-15-12 though.
__________________
President: Chris
WWW.ClevelandPlasma.Com
Cle. Plasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #25
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle. Plasma View Post
Hopper and Joey Update:

If any "Existing" Dish Network customers want this service and there account is in good standing, they can "dish it up" for $99. They would get a hopper, and up to 3 joeys for this $99 cost installed New 2 year agreement would have to be signed. Even if you just got Dish Network installed 30 days ago this $99 deal applies.

If someone is a new customer, the above is free if a person has good credit.

These Joeys and hoppers can start being sold tomorrow They can not be activated until 03-15-12 though.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to March 15th!
jdmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #26
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 225
Default

So that I'm fully educated before jumping into this. I currently have a VIP722K and 2 VIP211K (currently only 1 of the 211's is connected). If I replace the 211 with a Joey, will that TV have independent control over what they want to watch (i.e., changing channels, etc), or do they have to watch what is being seen on the Hopper?
nomutthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #27
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Ray C@DISH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 598
Default

The Hopper has 3 tuners. With the Joey, you have to ability to watch an independent program if all 3 tuners aren't being used. If all 3 tuners are being used (someone watching TV on tuner 1, recording on tuner 2, recording on tuner 3), the Joey can view any of the 3 tuners or watch a DVR content. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomutthere View Post
So that I'm fully educated before jumping into this. I currently have a VIP722K and 2 VIP211K (currently only 1 of the 211's is connected). If I replace the 211 with a Joey, will that TV have independent control over what they want to watch (i.e., changing channels, etc), or do they have to watch what is being seen on the Hopper?
Ray C@DISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #28
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greentown, PA
Age: 57
Posts: 2,295
Default

And you cannot have Hopper/Joey setup with the Vip receivers. All would be deactivated and replaced.
garys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #29
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 225
Default

Yes, I am aware of that. I assume I simply return those units enlieu of the new set up. Just curious as to whether or not I'll lose the functionality that I have now. With the 722 and 211 being able to operate independently of each other.
nomutthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #30
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
Ray C@DISH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 598
Default

deleted
Ray C@DISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Programming Providers > DISH Network Forum
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum