High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Off Topic Discussion > Car Forum
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Car Forum Talk about your favorite cars, setups, garages (got pics?)! RSS - Car Forum

How fast have you guys driven?

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #16
Mr. Bill Belecheeeeek.
 
godson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 2,592
Default

Hell yea...work vehicles and rental cars are fair game for beatdowns. I beat a Magnum to death a few months back I had rented while my car was down...I was WOT everytime I had to stop for anything,wasnt really fast but I still beat it up.
__________________
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Renee, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #17
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 6,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloww
I had my stock 2006 Chrysler minivan at about 110 on the way to Peoria a couple weeks back Haha . Hey, its a company car so what the heck. Maybe next year they will start putting Hemi's in them.
But that Ford GT Torino with the Cobra Jet and racing Cam was just a tad faster than my minivan..

You would not want a Hemi in any FWD based car! The torque steer would be insane as you would jolt over 2 lanes everytime you floored it. I also imagine that a hemi would probably destroy the transaxle fairly quickly.
__________________
X360 Gamertag junehhan
Microsoft X360 and Xbox One
-Vizio BDP
-Bose Accoustimass 5.1 channel system

New Lebanon Ohio Rotary Club member
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #18
"Shitter was Full"
 
Bigloww's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 8,322
Default

Pure sarcasm. I guess I haven't been on long enough for you to tell.

But I will add a side note (and this is not sarcasm) The 1 car I would love to break the speed limit in is a Sledge Hammer Corvette. I remeber seeing 1 back in 88 I believe. It was a tweaked out Callaway twin turbor version that pumped out almost 900 ponies. It was the fastest production car ever made and held that title for many years. 220 mph and street legal.. They said it was easy enough to drive that your wife could go to the store in it. But if you floored it at 100 mph, it still would throw you back in your seat. Now that's a car.... Just think what would happen if they tossed a twin turbo on the new 427 Vette.

Last edited by Bigloww; 02-22-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Bigloww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #19
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 6,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloww
Pure sarcasm. I guess I haven't been on long enough for you to tell.

But I will add a side note (and this is not sarcasm) The 1 car I would love to break the speed limit in is a Sledge Hammer Corvette. I remeber seeing 1 back in 88 I believe. It was a tweaked out Callaway twin turbor version that pumped out almost 900 ponies. It was the fastest production car ever made and held that title for many years. 220 mph and street legal.. They said it was easy enough to drive that your wife could go to the store in it. But if you floored it at 100 mph, it still would throw you back in your seat. Now that's a car.... Just think what would happen if they tossed a twin turbo on the new 427 Vette.
I'm can't remember for sure, but I think that car might have even been featured on PGR3. It was spinning it's wheels everytime I floored the trigger button all the way till the top of 3rd gear. If I had to choose a vehicle for driving at felonious speeds, i'd probably pick the Ford GT. Too bad I can't afford one of those
__________________
X360 Gamertag junehhan
Microsoft X360 and Xbox One
-Vizio BDP
-Bose Accoustimass 5.1 channel system

New Lebanon Ohio Rotary Club member
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #20
"Shitter was Full"
 
Bigloww's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 8,322
Default

GT is a sweet car. They had 1 for a short time at my local Ford dealership, but I think it was just doing the rounds. Sweet.....

I misposted the Sledgehammer's top speed by the way. It was 255 (254.76 to be exact). I remember reading an article in Road & Track on it back in 88 when I was in High School. I had to look it up again after I posted.

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/sledgehammer.html
Bigloww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #21
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 6,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloww
GT is a sweet car. They had 1 for a short time at my local Ford dealership, but I think it was just doing the rounds. Sweet.....

I misposted the Sledgehammer's top speed by the way. It was 255 (254.76 to be exact). I remember reading an article in Road & Track on it back in 88 when I was in High School. I had to look it up again after I posted.

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/sledgehammer.html

Our local Ford dealership actually managed to get 2 GT's to sell. One went to some rich guy in Kentucky, and the other was supposedly sold to a local rich person. They were allocated an extra car since they recently won some huge presidential award within Ford for customer service and quality of their service.

As for me, I kind of live by a 1/4 mile at a time and don't really have much of a preference(American big displacement v8's always have preference to me) as long as it goes really fast in a straight line. I used to like cars that corner like crazy, but i've simply lost my nerve for taking cars around hairpin turns at the limit of adhesion.
__________________
X360 Gamertag junehhan
Microsoft X360 and Xbox One
-Vizio BDP
-Bose Accoustimass 5.1 channel system

New Lebanon Ohio Rotary Club member
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #22
Mr. Bill Belecheeeeek.
 
godson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 2,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehhan
Our local Ford dealership actually managed to get 2 GT's to sell. One went to some rich guy in Kentucky, and the other was supposedly sold to a local rich person. They were allocated an extra car since they recently won some huge presidential award within Ford for customer service and quality of their service.

As for me, I kind of live by a 1/4 mile at a time and don't really have much of a preference(American big displacement v8's always have preference to me) as long as it goes really fast in a straight line. I used to like cars that corner like crazy, but i've simply lost my nerve for taking cars around hairpin turns at the limit of adhesion.
By the time you read this... I'll still be laughing
__________________
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Renee, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:38 AM   #23
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 6,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godson
By the time you read this... I'll still be laughing

It used to be funny, but the gas price hike yesterday isn't making me laugh. Gas just skyrocketed in our area yesterday and I had to pay $2.77 for a gallong of premium. I remember when I watched the first Fast and Furious movie for the first time, I practically fell out of my seat when Vin Diesel's character talked about how he lived only a 1/4 mile at a time. That's kind of my story as I like to go, and go fast no matter what i'm driving. Thankfully, I havn't recieved a speeding ticket in 8 years as i've started being more cautious where I do my speeding.
__________________
X360 Gamertag junehhan
Microsoft X360 and Xbox One
-Vizio BDP
-Bose Accoustimass 5.1 channel system

New Lebanon Ohio Rotary Club member
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #24
Mr. Bill Belecheeeeek.
 
godson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 2,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehhan
It used to be funny, but the gas price hike yesterday isn't making me laugh. Gas just skyrocketed in our area yesterday and I had to pay $2.77 for a gallong of premium. I remember when I watched the first Fast and Furious movie for the first time, I practically fell out of my seat when Vin Diesel's character talked about how he lived only a 1/4 mile at a time. That's kind of my story as I like to go, and go fast no matter what i'm driving. Thankfully, I havn't recieved a speeding ticket in 8 years as i've started being more cautious where I do my speeding.
lol...yea I figuered as much...somethings just "sound" funnier when typed than spoken....oh and hell yea I agree with the fast thing,Ive always said "I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow"...Im a gas guzzler to,Id actually have to reword yours to "I live my life a 1/4 tank at a time"
__________________
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Renee, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:03 PM   #25
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 6,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godson
lol...yea I figuered as much...somethings just "sound" funnier when typed than spoken....oh and hell yea I agree with the fast thing,Ive always said "I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow"...Im a gas guzzler to,Id actually have to reword yours to "I live my life a 1/4 tank at a time"

When you drive an SUV with a 400hp LS2 6.0 litre V8, that 1/4 tank doesn't get you very far. Luckily, I have another 4 banger that I drive often when I can't afford fillups on my vehicle. My father is currently driving it as he parked his Crown Vic when we got hit with all of those snow storms. I told him he needed to replace those near bald tires on the rear wheels, but he didn't listen to me and scared the crap out of himself by nearly sliding off the road. Now, he won't give me the old Focus back as he wants to drive it and leave me with his old Vic till winter is over.
__________________
X360 Gamertag junehhan
Microsoft X360 and Xbox One
-Vizio BDP
-Bose Accoustimass 5.1 channel system

New Lebanon Ohio Rotary Club member
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #26
Mr. Bill Belecheeeeek.
 
godson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 2,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehhan
When you drive an SUV with a 400hp LS2 6.0 litre V8, that 1/4 tank doesn't get you very far. Luckily, I have another 4 banger that I drive often when I can't afford fillups on my vehicle. My father is currently driving it as he parked his Crown Vic when we got hit with all of those snow storms. I told him he needed to replace those near bald tires on the rear wheels, but he didn't listen to me and scared the crap out of himself by nearly sliding off the road. Now, he won't give me the old Focus back as he wants to drive it and leave me with his old Vic till winter is over.
Certainly...thats what I meant..with the vette I can watch the fuel display suckin it up everytime I go WOT....thats why I say 1/4 tank at atime,it seems everytime I beat it up a little,I use a 1/4 tank
__________________
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Renee, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #27
HD DVD: Still the best!
 
El Despairado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Dakota
Age: 37
Posts: 903
Default

I went an estimated 140 in a a 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge RAM II in High School. I'll never forget that. My friends dad has one. He is the sole owner and his is now fully restored. The feel of going 120 and then pulling that Ram Air handle blasting you back into the seat is just unforgettable. It was NOS before NOS.

I had a 1995 Mustang GT in HS that I did about 130 in, but after that I had SUV's and Trucks until January 2006.

In my 06 Charger Daytona R/T, I went 142 a month after purchase and after some minor mods since then I've had it slightly over 160 mph many times. I was pulled over at 158 mph in June. Thank God almighty I live in a super small town and the cop was cool enough to just laugh that one off. LOL, I actually think he had fun trying to catch up to me. I thought I was screwed. Alas, he pulled me over again in July for going 80 in a 65 and didn't give me the slightest break the second time around.
__________________
Consumers did not choose the winner of the format war, the movie studios did, and now consumers are stuck with the decision.

Samsung HL-S6187W
Yamaha RX-V2700
Toshiba HD-XA2
RF/LF-Polk Audio RTi8
Center-Polk Audio CSi3
SL/SR-Polk Audio RTi6
LFE-Polk Audio P505 300watt self amplified.
Xbox 360


Administrator of Horns Up International
hornsupinternational.freeforums.org
El Despairado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #28
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 6,842
Default

I would just count your blessings as it sounds like you were very lucky. Just imagine what could have happened had it been some dickhead state trooper, or some vigilante. I guess that's the constant price for breaking the speed limit in an felonious fashion, but it would really suck to have the book thrown at you. Living in a small town and knowing people can have it's advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Despairado
I went an estimated 140 in a a 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge RAM II in High School. I'll never forget that. My friends dad has one. He is the sole owner and his is now fully restored. The feel of going 120 and then pulling that Ram Air handle blasting you back into the seat is just unforgettable. It was NOS before NOS.

I had a 1995 Mustang GT in HS that I did about 130 in, but after that I had SUV's and Trucks until January 2006.

In my 06 Charger Daytona R/T, I went 142 a month after purchase and after some minor mods since then I've had it slightly over 160 mph many times. I was pulled over at 158 mph in June. Thank God almighty I live in a super small town and the cop was cool enough to just laugh that one off. LOL, I actually think he had fun trying to catch up to me. I thought I was screwed. Alas, he pulled me over again in July for going 80 in a 65 and didn't give me the slightest break the second time around.
__________________
X360 Gamertag junehhan
Microsoft X360 and Xbox One
-Vizio BDP
-Bose Accoustimass 5.1 channel system

New Lebanon Ohio Rotary Club member
junehhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #29
HD DVD: Still the best!
 
El Despairado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Dakota
Age: 37
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehhan
I would just count your blessings as it sounds like you were very lucky. Just imagine what could have happened had it been some dickhead state trooper, or some vigilante. I guess that's the constant price for breaking the speed limit in an felonious fashion, but it would really suck to have the book thrown at you. Living in a small town and knowing people can have it's advantages.
Yeah I know. Small town life saved my ass. You would never see a statie in the area I live in. It's way off the beaten path for them. If it wasn't on a rural road, I would have been nailed to the cross. I do believe that speed is possible prison time in this state.
__________________
Consumers did not choose the winner of the format war, the movie studios did, and now consumers are stuck with the decision.

Samsung HL-S6187W
Yamaha RX-V2700
Toshiba HD-XA2
RF/LF-Polk Audio RTi8
Center-Polk Audio CSi3
SL/SR-Polk Audio RTi6
LFE-Polk Audio P505 300watt self amplified.
Xbox 360


Administrator of Horns Up International
hornsupinternational.freeforums.org
El Despairado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 AM   #30
1080 Optical Supporter
 
Type A's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Panama City, Fl
Age: 43
Posts: 2,723
Default

Fastest Ive ever driven was in my first car, 87 Dodge Daytona Pacifica 2.2 Turbo...127mph through the Hampton Roads bridge tunnel. 06 mustang I recently rented from budget was governered at 115mph...bastards, it wanted to do more crossing the Louisiana I10 causeway.
__________________
Mitsubishi HC3000U HD projector
Dual Optoma 106" screens
Harman Kardon AVR-7000 receiver
Bose 901 VI, 301 IV, VCS 10
Bose AM-6 Series III
Sony STR-DG600 receiver
JVC GR-HD1 HD camcorder
Xbox 360 Pro / PS3 40 Gig
HD DVD 0 / Blu Ray 15
Games 18 / Games 2
Gateway 901x HTPC (modified)
Sling Box Pro w/HD Connect Cable
Dish 211 receiver w/Absolute HD pack
HP Pavilion dv-6000 laptop (HTPC2GO)
Link-Theater Gallery - 100,000+ views
Link-55 Restoration Updated 6/21/08


Last edited by Type A; 03-08-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Type A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > Off Topic Discussion > Car Forum
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads to How fast have you guys driven?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How dumb are the Raiders???? raiderfan Sports Forum 1652 06-18-2014 03:21 AM
Marlowe's Back From the Honeymoon: FAST & FURIOUS 2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION (Universal) Peter Marlowe Blu-Ray Movie Reviews and Software discussion 21 10-26-2010 05:03 PM
Best Buy Caught Using Sneaky Sneaky Tricks To Sell HDTV Calibration Service Loves2Watch High Definition News & Informative Articles 11 11-14-2008 12:57 PM
Gas savings Tips mshulman Car Forum 54 06-28-2008 12:39 PM
With The Suspension Of Some Of The Members, Last Week, Do You Want Them Re-Instated? PrinceLH High Definition Media 107 12-26-2007 01:41 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum