High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Programming Providers > Cable Providers
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

Cable Providers Discuss and learn about High Definition Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Adelphia and other cable HDTV providers. RSS - Cable Providers

Wide Open West

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
Need. More. HD.
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 54
Question Wide Open West

Hello-

Any WOW internet and cable subscribers on board? If so, what is your opinion about the quality of the service? I currently have D* and am considering switching to WOW for my overall cable service. Right now I use WOW for basic cable and for my internet service. Specifically, I am curious about the quality of the HD signal on the local channels, and the number of HD channels overall.

Also - is there a tuner card (for a TV with a cable card slot) available through WOW? I am thinking about this as opposed to a STB.

As I stated earlier, I currently have basic cable (granted, I have never watched it or even have it hooked to a TV) and I was curious if local HD channels come through this signal?

Any thoughts or opinions overall about Wide Open West?

Thanks!
__________________
Samsung 50" DLP HDTV
Directv H20
Directv SD DVR

Sony 32" HDTV
Directv H10
5-LNB Dish

3 Other Standard SD Receivers

Plymouth, MI
akdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #2
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 42
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdubya
Hello-

Any WOW internet and cable subscribers on board? If so, what is your opinion about the quality of the service? I currently have D* and am considering switching to WOW for my overall cable service. Right now I use WOW for basic cable and for my internet service. Specifically, I am curious about the quality of the HD signal on the local channels, and the number of HD channels overall.

Also - is there a tuner card (for a TV with a cable card slot) available through WOW? I am thinking about this as opposed to a STB.

As I stated earlier, I currently have basic cable (granted, I have never watched it or even have it hooked to a TV) and I was curious if local HD channels come through this signal?

Any thoughts or opinions overall about Wide Open West?

Thanks!

Yes, i am a WOW subscriber and i love it. Their HD feed is very good. I really have had no real problems with their service. Also they do have a cable card if you wanted to go that route. The only real problem with the cable card is you don't get the Guide. You will have to use the scrolling guide that i believe is on channel 16.

Good Luck
flack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Need. More. HD.
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack1234
Yes, i am a WOW subscriber and i love it. Their HD feed is very good. I really have had no real problems with their service. Also they do have a cable card if you wanted to go that route. The only real problem with the cable card is you don't get the Guide. You will have to use the scrolling guide that i believe is on channel 16.

Good Luck
Would it help if the TV I am using has the "built-in" guide?
__________________
Samsung 50" DLP HDTV
Directv H20
Directv SD DVR

Sony 32" HDTV
Directv H10
5-LNB Dish

3 Other Standard SD Receivers

Plymouth, MI
akdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdubya
Would it help if the TV I am using has the "built-in" guide?
I am not sure if the built-in guide will match the channel guide from WOW. The channel numbers might not match. I am not sure if you can even use the built-in guide when you get cable.
flack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 60
Default

I would get a WOW HD DVR. It is very good in my opinion. I want tham to add ESPN HD though! Never have one problem with wow.
directvfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 113
Default

WOW is great for HD. just added TNT as well.

the locals look great. obviously it varies channel by channel and show by show, but i love it.
pedrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 113
Default

plus you get UPN and WB in HD with WOW which you don't with the dish packages.

not great for much, but essential for extra Pistons basketball games...
pedrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition Programming Providers > Cable Providers
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads to Wide Open West
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC questions wndrrd Cable Providers 145 11-15-2013 09:31 PM
Wide Open West = Crappy tech support! chupacabra31 Cable Providers 11 03-17-2008 10:30 PM
Which Tuner Card? rbinck Computers/HTPCs 8 12-04-2006 01:29 PM
Dumping directv tomorrow davecramer74 DirecTV Forum 17 03-06-2006 12:34 PM
TNT-HD Coming to Wide Open West flack1234 Cable Providers 9 02-02-2006 03:37 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 PM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum