View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #12
bmore
___

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
There was ONE DTS-HD MA title on HD DVD so it wasn't really an issue with HD DVD, but half the BD studios now use DTS-HD MA. See the difference?
And? Here is a parallel - there was one bluray BD Live title, so it really wasn't an issue only having one 2.0 player on the market (the PS3).

But, things change, and more titles became BD Live, just like I guarantee more titles would have came out with DTS HD MA on HD DVD had it lived. Hell, Universal could have switched to DTS HD MA like they did with bluray.

On a side note, any care to guess why Universal did switch to DTS HD MA as soon as they went bluray? Hmmm....peculiar...

Quote:
So now you are taking the OPPOSITE view about HD audio? I thought 1.5mbps lossy was no good? We can go round and round on this but what is the point of it? Switching things around can be done for both sides of the argument so any attempt to undermine peoples reasoning also comes back on you the same way right?
I stated the position of HD DVD supporters that trumpeted 1.5mbps as being "translucent" to lossless. Me personally, I always want lossless - that is why I bought me a lossles receiver. No hassles. I recommend other people upgrade too - when and if they can. I got my 605 last year for ~$350. I think the 606 is cheaper now, with more HDMI I/Os.

Quote:
Now consider this. If someone is going to have to downconvert the HD audio then what is the need to even HAVE 5.1 analog output?
TrueHD?

Quote:
I already have a Sharp BD player that has 5.1 analog output but doesn't decode DTS-HD MA, so why would I need this one? BTW, I got a special deal on the Sharp brand new for only $150.00 back in 1/2008, so this $10.00 cheaper.
If you notice, I wasn't really talking about you...

Quote:
I would like to move the 1.0 Sharp to a kids room and be able to get ALL HD audio (don't want to miss out on HALF the HD audio on the BD discs I do buy/rent) so this is important to ME.
Onkyo 606 - ~$350. Good deal. The memorex bitstreams - but you need a lossless reciever to get the full track. With a lossles reciever you will get ALL, not HALF, of the HD audio. Right?
bmore is offline   Reply With Quote