High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > 3D Movies, Content & Reviews
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

3D Movies, Content & Reviews 3D movie discussion and reviews

3D Blu-ray Release Schedule

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

May 1 - UP [S3DR]
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
High Definition is the definition of life.
 
GizmoDVD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,114
Default

I'll grab Up for sure!
GizmoDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

February 28 - HUGO [S3D]

April 10 - THE DARKEST HOUR [S3D]

Last edited by Lee Stewart; 02-01-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #19
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Just for the sake of accuracy: Shrek 1, 2 and 3 were not re-rendered for 3D... they are all 2D-3D conversions.

Here is an article that confirms this fact and I'm certain there are others.

Shrek 4 is native, though!

EDIT: Hoodwinked Too is also a 2D-3D conversion... but I don't care about that movie enough to post a link.

Last edited by larrythefatcat; 02-10-2012 at 05:20 AM..
larrythefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #20
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrythefatcat View Post
Just for the sake of accuracy: Shrek 1, 2 and 3 were not re-rendered for 3D... they are all 2D-3D conversions.

Here is an article that confirms this fact and I'm certain there are others.

Shrek 4 is native, though!

EDIT: Hoodwinked Too is also a 2D-3D conversion... but I don't care about that movie enough to post a link.
If a movie was 100% CGI and 2D, then converted to 3D, it has been re-rendered in 3D. The first 3 SHREK movies were 100% CGI 2D.
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #21
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
If a movie was 100% CGI and 2D, then converted to 3D, it has been re-rendered in 3D. The first 3 SHREK movies were 100% CGI 2D.
No, that's not true at all.

That's like saying all of the completely CG shots in the 3D version of The Phantom Menace have now been re-rendered in 3D because they've been put through the 3D conversion process. I could just as easily, using this logic, say that if I watch Wall-E on my TV in 2D-3D conversion it's now re-rendered in 3D, since the original is 100% 2D-rendered CG animation... Shrek 1, 2, 3 and Hoodwinked Too! were made 3D through the EXACT SAME process used for converting live action 2D movies into 3D.

Meanwhile, the Pixar movies that have been re-released in 3D (Toy Story 1 & 2 and soon Finding Nemo) have all been ACTUALLY re-rendered in 3D using the computer animation files from the original production of the movie, so they're just as high quality as a new CG movie that's released in 3D from the get go.

Last edited by larrythefatcat; 02-17-2012 at 02:03 PM..
larrythefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrythefatcat View Post
No, that's not true at all.
Yes it is. And you have described it below*

Quote:
That's like saying all of the scenes in the 3D version of The Phantom Menace have now been re-rendered in 3D because they've been put through the 3D conversion process.
But not this part of your post. You can't "re-render" images that were shot with a camera - only those that were created using a computer.

Quote:
I could just as easily, using this logic, say that if I watch Wall-E on my TV in 2D-3D conversion it's now re-rendered in 3D, since the original is 100% CG animation... Shrek 1, 2, 3 and Hoodwinked Too! were made 3D through the EXACT SAME process used for converting live action 2D movies into 3D.
That is not a factual statement at all. You are failing to understand the difference between a 2D to 3D conversion algorithum and re-rendering 100% CGI material. They are not the same.

Quote:
The Pixar movies that have been re-released in 3D have all been ACTUALLY re-rendered in 3D using the computer animation files from the original production of the movie, so they're just as high quality as a new CG movie that's released in 3D from the get go.
*That is correct. Now you finally understand.
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #23
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Yes it is. And you have described it below*



But not this part of your post. You can't "re-render" images that were shot with a camera - only those that were created using a computer.



That is not a factual statement at all. You are failing to understand the difference between a 2D to 3D conversion algorithum and re-rendering 100% CGI material. They are not the same.



*That is correct. Now you finally understand.
You obviously don't understand and are only trying to move my words around to make it seem like you know what you're talking about... I said COMPLETELY CGI shots from The Phantom Menace and you changed those words in my supposed "quote". By your logic, if they're "100% CG" and they're converted into 3D via the usual live action conversion process, then that means that they're fully "re-rendered in 3D". My point is that Shrek 1, 2 and 3 and Hoodwinked Too! were converted in the same manner in which a live action movie is converted. There was no, I repeat NO re-rendering of anything for any of those 3D releases.

How this is difficult to understand is beyond me...


Obviously live action can't be "re-rendered" and 2d-to-3d is nowhere close to actual 3D content... I'm just trying to use flawed logic as an analog to the flawed logic you're using regarding these supposed "native 3D" releases. I don't fail to see the difference between conversion algorithms and re-rendering... I just happen to know the difference between a 2d-to-3d conversion (the kind done by people, not an algorithm) and an actual CGI re-render.

I especially don't know how my mentioning Pixar at the end has anything to do with proving your argument... Pixar does things the RIGHT WAY. Toy Story 1 and 2 were actually re-rendered and they look great!

Dreamworks, the people who make the Shrek films, have done things the right way for a 3D conversion, but only with Kung Fu Panda... that's a film that's *actually* been re-rendered.

Last edited by larrythefatcat; 02-27-2012 at 04:14 AM..
larrythefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #24
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrythefatcat View Post
You obviously don't understand and are only trying to move my words around to make it seem like you know what you're talking about... I said COMPLETELY CGI shots from The Phantom Menace and you changed those words in my supposed "quote". By your logic, if they're "100% CG" and they're converted into 3D via the usual live action conversion process, then that means that they're fully "re-rendered in 3D". My point is that Shrek 1, 2 and 3 and Hoodwinked Too! were converted in the same manner in which a live action movie is converted. There was no, I repeat NO re-rendering of anything for any of those 3D releases.

How this is difficult to understand is beyond me...


Obviously live action can't be "re-rendered" and 2d-to-3d is nowhere close to actual 3D content... I'm just trying to use flawed logic as an analog to the flawed logic you're using regarding these supposed "native 3D" releases. I don't fail to see the difference between conversion algorithms and re-rendering... I just happen to know the difference between a 2d-to-3d conversion (the kind done by people, not an algorithm) and an actual CGI re-render.

I especially don't know how my mentioning Pixar at the end has anything to do with proving your argument... Pixar does things the RIGHT WAY. Toy Story 1 and 2 were actually re-rendered and they look great!

Dreamworks, the people who make the Shrek films, have done things the right way for a 3D conversion, but only with Kung Fu Panda... that's a film that's *actually* been re-rendered.
Let's make it simple huh . . .

There are 4 ways to create 3D images:

1. Shoot in native 3D
2. Render CGI in 3D
3. Convert 2D to 3D
4. Re-render 2D CGI to 3D
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
How can anyone watch standard def?
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Let's make it simple huh . . .

There are 4 ways to create 3D images:

1. Shoot in native 3D
2. Render CGI in 3D
3. Convert 2D to 3D
4. Re-render 2D CGI to 3D
Okay, fair enough...

Shrek 1-3 and Hoodwinked Too! are #3 whereas Toy Story 1 and 2 are #4... end of 'argument'.
larrythefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

To be released on June 14, 2012

3D Bikini Beach Babes Issue #1
3D Bikini Beach Babes Issue #2
3D Bikini Beach Babes Issue #3
3D Bikini Beach Babes Issue #4
3D Bikini Beach Babes Issue #5
3D Mystic Mountains

At this time, I am not adding these titles to the list. You can get more info on these titles from this website:

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/index.html
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #27
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

JOHN CARTER [2D-3D]

To Be released June 5th
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #28
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

October 9- DIAL M FOR MURDER [S3D]

The first 1950s 3D title to be announced!

Quote:
Dial M stars Grace Kelly, Ray Milland and Robert Cummings in the story of a man’s plot to frame his adulterous wife for murder. The restoration includes a 4K scan, and the $35.99 Blu-ray includes the featurettes “Hitchcock and Dial M” and “3D: A Brief History.”
Quote:
Baker indicated a 3D Blu-ray version of the Vincent Price classic House of Wax is expected next.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/pro...-blu-ray-27616

Last edited by Lee Stewart; 06-23-2012 at 03:22 AM..
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #29
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

AVATAR finally heading for Blu-ray 3D

Quote:
Amazon.de (Germany) now has a 3D version of "Avatar" on pre-order. This is good news for 3D fans around the world. Currently "Avatar" have only been available on Blu-ray 3D when bought with a Panasonic 3D TV. The date is set for December 31, 2012 and we believe that this indicates that a US version will released this fall as well.
http://moviemet.com/news/avatar-fina...ing-blu-ray-3d
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 41,917
Default

The Creature from the Black Lagoon in Blu-ray 3D [1954][Region Free]

This title will be released on October 1, 2012.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creature-Bla...sr_1_2?ie=UTF8

Last edited by Lee Stewart; 07-16-2012 at 09:14 PM..
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > 3D Movies, Content & Reviews
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum