High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > 3D Movies, Content & Reviews
Rules HDTV Forum Gallery LINK TO US! RSS - High Def Forum AddThis Feed Button AddThis Social Bookmark Button Groups

3D Movies, Content & Reviews 3D movie discussion and reviews

Some exciting films being re-released in 3D

Reply
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
UNOTIS
 
unotis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: FLORIDA
Age: 62
Posts: 4,139
Default Some exciting films being re-released in 3D

There has been some information released that the following films are being re-released in 3D.

LOTR:The fellowship of the Ring in 2013

LOTR: The Two Towers in 2014

LOTR: The Return of the King in 2015

Waiting on the official announcement for exact dates.

King Kong the Peter Jackson version date to be announced, but this film was shot using 3D cameras so it should happen sooner then the others.

Those movies would be great in 3D!
__________________
Harman/Kardon TC30 universal remote
Martin Logan Center Channel speaker
Velodyne DPS-12 Powered Subwoofer
B&W rear speakers
Toshiba XA1, XA2, A2 HD DVD players
Panasonic DMP-BDT100 3D Blu-Ray player
Panasonic BD60K
Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT25 3D 1080p plasma
Panasonic TH-42PZ700U 1080p plasma
Panasonic 34" Tau CT-34WX50 widescreen HD-ready CRT
Monster Power Center
Motorola Dual Tuner DVR/ HDTV capable
Officially PURPLE
HD DVDs = 105
Blu-Ray Discs = 64 with 2 more 3D on the way
unotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Every day is Friday
 
oblioman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hooooterville
Posts: 9,289
Default

Reruns? 3D has to do better than that to preserve or even capture a new audience. We went through this with the SD to HD, or rather how many of us bought the BD version of a movie when we already owned it on DVD. Please keep in mind that me thoughts of LOR in 3D will be great for those that wish to purchase. But since a vast majority already own the trilogy on dvd or bd,,,,just don't see it being a big seller.
__________________
MEMPHIS ROCKS
oblioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 43,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
Reruns? 3D has to do better than that to preserve or even capture a new audience. We went through this with the SD to HD, or rather how many of us bought the BD version of a movie when we already owned it on DVD. Please keep in mind that me thoughts of LOR in 3D will be great for those that wish to purchase. But since a vast majority already own the trilogy on dvd or bd,,,,just don't see it being a big seller.
Those films and the Star Wars films will be re-released in 3D theaters.

The first big film to be released as a 2D to 3D conversion will be Cameron's TITANIC which will hit theaters on the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ocean liner . . . . April 15, 2012

Last edited by Lee Stewart; 02-27-2011 at 11:48 PM..
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 43,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotis View Post
There has been some information released that the following films are being re-released in 3D.

LOTR:The fellowship of the Ring in 2013

LOTR: The Two Towers in 2014

LOTR: The Return of the King in 2015

Waiting on the official announcement for exact dates.

King Kong the Peter Jackson version date to be announced, but this film was shot using 3D cameras so it should happen sooner then the others.

Those movies would be great in 3D!
Where is that information coming from? I don't see that:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360717/technical
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
The Bringer of Balance
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,350
Default

Consumers are so dumb. Rebuying the same crap all over yet again All the more reason to rent instead of buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblioman View Post
Reruns? 3D has to do better than that to preserve or even capture a new audience. We went through this with the SD to HD, or rather how many of us bought the BD version of a movie when we already owned it on DVD. Please keep in mind that me thoughts of LOR in 3D will be great for those that wish to purchase. But since a vast majority already own the trilogy on dvd or bd,,,,just don't see it being a big seller.
__________________
Panasonic P55 ST30
Kenwood VR-616
Comcast DCT6412 III
XBox 360
GamerTag Sec0nd2N0n3
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
Sony KD34XS955
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire QC
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Those films and the Star Wars films will be re-released in 3D theaters.

The first big film to be released as a 2D to 3D conversion will be Cameron's TITANIC which will hit theaters on the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ocean liner . . . . April 12, 2012
Titanic did not sink on April 12. The collision with the iceberg occured at 11:40 pm on April 14 and Titanic sank at 2:20 am on April 15.
BrianO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
Muscle Cars Forever!
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 43,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO View Post
Titanic did not sink on April 12. The collision with the iceberg occured at 11:40 pm on April 14 and Titanic sank at 2:20 am on April 15.
Oops! Fixed it
Lee Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #8
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
Consumers are so dumb. Rebuying the same crap all over yet again All the more reason to rent instead of buy
And people keep buying cars and stuff too......
__________________
___________________________________
For PFC5 I miss ya, buddy WB L2W!
Living Room:
*JVC DLA-RS40 3D projector
Da-Lite wall mounted screen 110" diag.
DirecTV DVR
Sony PlayStation 3 60GB (first gen)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD
*Denon AVR-A100
Magnepan MMGW L/R
Magnepan MMGC center
Aperion 5DB surrounds
Aperion 10D sub
Oppo BDP-83SE
*Panny DMP-BDT100
XBOX 360 (first gen)
HTPC
WII
*special thanks to Robert at valueelectronics.com, you are great to work with!
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
And people keep buying cars and stuff too......
Yeah we're so dumb
Just another perspective, but when you buy a new TV, doesn't it make you want to watch things over again in it's magnificence...
I like to watch upgraded old stuff like that, not all, but definitely classics like LOTR, Star Wars, etc...
Re-renting them is nice, but if you decide you like it enough to buy it again, you just stuck yourself in a hole of rental cost, and cost of the movie. That's why I wait for things to go on sale Retailers do that sometimes !
djeclipse25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
The Bringer of Balance
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,350
Default

I guess I am different. Most movies I only watch once, maybe twice..so buying is a waste of money. As a matter of fact some movies I was so disappointed watching, it was a waste of time watching them once, e.g. the over hyped transformers crap.
__________________
Panasonic P55 ST30
Kenwood VR-616
Comcast DCT6412 III
XBox 360
GamerTag Sec0nd2N0n3
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
Sony KD34XS955
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire QC
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Oops! Fixed it
I was hoping it was Cameron's mistake.
BrianO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
High Definition is the definition of life.
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
I guess I am different. Most movies I only watch once, maybe twice..so buying is a waste of money. As a matter of fact some movies I was so disappointed watching, it was a waste of time watching them once, e.g. the over hyped transformers crap.
I am definitely different than some, I own over 1000 movies, but I like them because they remind me of times of my life...some just guilty pleasures
As far as movie content, and the stories being lack luster, it happens. I definitely enjoy most peoples new spins of old classics. Especially now the effects are better.... Doesn't help all movies of course, but Pirahna 3D...now they's a classic cult movie LOL! Do I own it...YUP!
djeclipse25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
SD HURTS MY EYES
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tejas Baby
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeclipse25 View Post
I am definitely different than some, I own over 1000 movies, but I like them because they remind me of times of my life...some just guilty pleasures
As far as movie content, and the stories being lack luster, it happens. I definitely enjoy most peoples new spins of old classics. Especially now the effects are better.... Doesn't help all movies of course, but Pirahna 3D...now they's a classic cult movie LOL! Do I own it...YUP!
I am with you! I have over 1000 as well.... my sickness.. I mean guilty pleasure too
__________________
___________________________________
For PFC5 I miss ya, buddy WB L2W!
Living Room:
*JVC DLA-RS40 3D projector
Da-Lite wall mounted screen 110" diag.
DirecTV DVR
Sony PlayStation 3 60GB (first gen)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD
*Denon AVR-A100
Magnepan MMGW L/R
Magnepan MMGC center
Aperion 5DB surrounds
Aperion 10D sub
Oppo BDP-83SE
*Panny DMP-BDT100
XBOX 360 (first gen)
HTPC
WII
*special thanks to Robert at valueelectronics.com, you are great to work with!
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #14
My plasma is High Def.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
Default

I've heard kung fu panda is coming in 3D as well
Jaimies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 AM   #15
What is HD?
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Default Movie

No 3D movie is going to release in 2011. It is not well.
remanjot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Go Back   High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource > High Definition DVDs & Movies > 3D Movies, Content & Reviews
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 AM.



Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2004 - 2008, High Def Forum