View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #55
HDMI Fantastic
HD since mid 04

So much for all the pronouncements-including here-that we were going to have to wait for the new player's (next model), and the new receiver's with HDMI 1.3 in order to get Dolby True HD. I called Toshiba (still waiting for update disc) and they said I will get DTHD through my existing HDMI cable (which goes to my Sony STRDA-7100ES), even though it's 1.1 and all.

I finally unloaded my peice of crap Zenith (aka LG) 50" plasma on a freind of mine for $1500, and picked up the new Panasonic TH-58PX600U 58" plasma ! Can I tell the difference between a TV with a cheap video processing chip that bob's the 540 and a TV with a true 1080 chip? Yes I can. It's an awesome TV. I could have waited a couple weeks for the 60U (no PC input, no cable card, and a cheaper stand), but I didn't want to risk it having an inferior chip since it's $500 less. Right now, this is Panasonic's top of the line plasma TV.They don't make a bigger one, they don't make a better one.So I know I have the very best processing that Panasonic has to offer-I'm not going through that again! Life is good. And when I get the 2.0 upgrade, it will be even better!
HDMI Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote