View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #98
Red Sox in HD: Priceless

Originally Posted by Munkey
I have a problem maybe someone can help with.

First a little history to help explain my problem with my DirecTV setup

I have a 5x8 multiswitch in a closet that was feeding the signal from my triple LNB dish to all the rooms in my house with 2 lines going into my living room to supply the Tivo unit.

I recently bought a new HDTV for the living room but have decided to wait until the whole MPEG4 thing plays out instead of investing in a HD Tivo at this time.

DirectTV brought me a HD receiver and installed a 5 LBN dish using the same lines feeding the 5x8 Multiswitch. I want to add the HD receiver to the living room and just have 2 receivers on the TV for now even though I will not be able to Tivo in HD.

Here's my problem, I only have the 2 coax lines running into the living room and I need 3 to feed both receivers temporarily and not have to crawl behind the TV every time I want to switch from Tivo to HD. I bought a 3x4 multiswitch but with that installed, I still do not receive my local channels. I've done some research trying to find an answer and have seen some post about using a tone generator. Will this fix my problem? If not, what if anything can be done.
Help me out with a little more info. Are you going from the 5x8 to the 3x4? or, are you running a straight line to the 3x4, then taking that to the TV?

When u say u don't receive your locals, are you referring to HD locals you sub to off DTV, or are you referring to the regular locals in SD?
Red Sox World Champions 1903,12,15,16,18 2004, 07
hitdog042 is offline   Reply With Quote