View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #97
Munkey
High Definition is the definition of life.

I have a problem maybe someone can help with.

First a little history to help explain my problem with my DirecTV setup

I have a 5x8 multiswitch in a closet that was feeding the signal from my triple LNB dish to all the rooms in my house with 2 lines going into my living room to supply the Tivo unit.

I recently bought a new HDTV for the living room but have decided to wait until the whole MPEG4 thing plays out instead of investing in a HD Tivo at this time.

DirectTV brought me a HD receiver and installed a 5 LBN dish using the same lines feeding the 5x8 Multiswitch. I want to add the HD receiver to the living room and just have 2 receivers on the TV for now even though I will not be able to Tivo in HD.

Here's my problem, I only have the 2 coax lines running into the living room and I need 3 to feed both receivers temporarily and not have to crawl behind the TV every time I want to switch from Tivo to HD. I bought a 3x4 multiswitch but with that installed, I still do not receive my local channels. I've done some research trying to find an answer and have seen some post about using a tone generator. Will this fix my problem? If not, what if anything can be done.
Munkey is offline   Reply With Quote