View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
ANdrewClark74
What is HD?

Default Mitsubishi WD-52525 - new lamp, now yellowish picture : (

Okay, I know, I know... Should just junk the thing, but with 5 small kids we can't afford another new one.

I got it used a year ago and the paperwork showed it having been serviced for one of the boards that Mit took care of at no cost. Thing worked great for almost the full year then lamp went out.

I replaced the lamp 4 weeks ago and it took several unplugs & resets before the lamp would stay on. Lamp would come on for 20-30 secs, shut off, then come back on, shut -off, then red lamp light indicator. After a day or two it started staying on. It worked great for about 3 weeks no issues (maybe one or two power-offs).

Then, wife said it wouldn't turn on one morning even after resetting throughout the day. I was able to finally get it to come on, but now the picture is yellowish and noticing some odd pixels in the menu items. See photo. (no devices plugged in, but even when cable connected we see the same yellowish tinted picture and red pixels in random areas)

Have been told it may be the Formatter Board. Any ideas going off photo????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0247.jpg (52.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0289.JPG (74.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by ANdrewClark74; 02-10-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: The yellowish tint in the static IS the actual color.
ANdrewClark74 is offline   Reply With Quote